1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Rabbit Meat Diets

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Buck E. Owens, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[​IMG]You freeze your rabbits at all?

if so.......

do you separate the organs,tripe and intestines, from the carcass before freezing, or would freezing as you have in this pic above> and band saw the portions! before thawing, would that work?

And if someone could run me threw the "raw feeding rabbits and worms problems and solutions" again thar would be sweet thats

Buck!;)

2. redbill

redbill Big Dog

the white you can see is actually fat. the kidneys on those are covered in fat.
    i dont freeze mine as i have a ready supply of wormers here.tapeworms are a problem but if you freeze for 3 weeks it takes care of the parasites.
    all ours are gutted in the field before their brought home.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2010
  3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

So feed raw no problem , just keep up with the de-worming, got it.
    Thanks again,

I'm going to be freezing some of them for traveling and puppy feed ground up, in patties with the added fat sources,

cause it seems that might be easier than picking out certain bones, just grind and feed meals pre-made, just add raw Egg and Flax Seed Oils and Salmon oils after the patties in there dish.

thanks again for all the help REDBILL;)

4. Boy, I know what you mean. I have been feeding my dog store bought, frozen raw foods for a while and am preparing to do BARF for her. It has helped her with her eating problems and she is now such a beautiful dog. Her raw foods do include a little fruits and veggies that she would normally get from prey animal stomachs.

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

its just I'm running in to Fatty Dogs and skin problems and lack of vigor from my dogs , that once had so much in them and There crappy kibble is all i could trace it back to , cause in times when they were on all raw meals, (when it is available) they strive!!!!

6. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Hank the NZW male i picked up today for $25.
    [​IMG]

And the finished set up pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the sick pen.

[​IMG]

So I'm at 2 does and 1 Buck now, for the rabbit feeder set up, just need another 5-6 Does. And should have no problem feeding a couple dogs, i seen goats for sale live for $50 also so i could get one a day or 2 before the cull date for the feeder rabbits.

I plastic-ed the back and still have to do the side also in plastic, the urine guards inside the cages to protect the walls from urine, and put shavings under the hutch to soak-up the urine also,(cuts down smell) ,cause they were indoor rabbits, i can't just put them outside they will get sick or die, so till April1st there staying in the Shop.:rolleyes:

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

A video of the set up, pics are kinda shitty,............;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4slZSO5tpVQ[/ame]

8. Super Sport

Super Sport Big Dog

Watched the whole thing waiting to see the yapping pup in the background.:) Looks good.

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuSY9OCD0Zo[/ame]

10. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

That is one handy piece of equipment! I have yet to kill one with my own hands, I'm scared I won't kill it on the first try.

11. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

found that, i was worried, not much for watching one scream for 10mins dying..

12. Ctnz

Ctnz Pup

how many hours are to putting into caring for the rabbits? is it a lot of work? I could never find time to care for my gold fish, I don't think I could do this.

13. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

then don't do it?:confused:

I spend 10 mins. filling up waterers in the morning, and 2mins feeding them, and clean under cage one every week, probably 15mins? give or take.

14. gdl79

gdl79 Pup

Nice setup.

15. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Thanks;),

first litters due 30 days from today.
    :D

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

so you break theyre necks? seems kinda cruel.
    they sell this thing its operated by a spring or something, anyways you put it up to the rabbits head and pull the triiger sending a metal rod into its skull. kills em in a split second. what you got looks like its working but im just affraid they wouldnt die instantly and may suffer.

im liking the setup, wouldnt mind doing something like that in the future, maybe throwing some chickens in there.

17. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[​IMG]
    conibear trap's would work too. that what i pitcher using with a lil run box, or the old school broom stick method,

18. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqBkbGyfAmw[/ame]

19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Before you press play its pretty graphic, but they show you how well it really works............
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKolOQhP3F0&NR=1[/ame]

20. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

how does it work?