1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question for RAW diet.

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by p1tbull, Jun 9, 2011.

1. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

well my pup is around 5 months old and is around 20-25 pounds, the percentage of feeding raw is like 2-3 percent of the dogs weight so that be half a pound 3/4 pound right? I know every dog is different and may need more or less but I was just wondering on a base feed first. I will be starting with chicken quarter.

2. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

since it's a growing pup, i'd go with the higher end of the weight scale. then see how he does and adjust accordingly

3. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

When is it early enough to start feeding raw ?

4. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

as soon as there done with the mother milk ..

5. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

kool thanks

6. just keep your eyes on him and make sure hes not lookin too skinny. i think that 2% of the body weight is just where to start. one of my dogs food seems to not stick to him as well as the other one so i have to feed him a little more, even though hes a couple pounds lighter. good luck with raw and dont forget about organs for them.

7. mike916

mike916 Pup

under a year you really want to be giving the dog 8-10% of body weight at that time. and then adjust accordingly right now i give my 5 month 5-6% of her body weight and she does well with that. all dogs are different metabolism, activity level, etc. if 2-3% has your dog looking the way you like and has her energy where you want then stick with that. good luck

8. mike916

mike916 Pup

how many meals are you feeding a day? i would do more then one until at least 8-12 months