1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

questions on this breeding. opinions please!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jman11, Sep 20, 2007.

1. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

2. If you only want a pet, it will certainly do. If you are seeking long term consistency, look elsewhere. I am not a fan of crosses if not of same line (different strains of same line). You may have a great puller but chances lean toward not producing like. Think ahead, where will you take this blood if it turns out? I personally choose family breeding over crosses any day.

3. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

thats what i wanted to hear... :)

4. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

i like the blood on the topside. not to say the bottom isnt nice im just more familiar with dogs bred like the top.

5. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I agree, the top half looks good. The bottom looks nice a little further back. I'd take a shot if I had room on my yard.

6. just another person who pumps out pups for $$. i would never get anything from him.that not the only breed he breeds. his wife pumps out old english bulldogs and some kind of mastiff.

7. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Sorry, but both side "LOOK", legit to me. The only mountian man stuff I've seen was "DEAD GAME". But I agree, I like the crosses to be of the same family. What was he asking for them? ADBA/dna profiled?

8. Gato

Gato Big Dog

I don't know the breeder, so with that being said, I will give you my opinion.

If you look closer, both parents are prooven producers. Dad is POR and Mon is ROM. Which means the chances of those pups turning out are higher than average (not always but in most cases, certainly not a guaranty nor the norm).

Both dogs are bred well. Lets look even closer at that and you will see that this breeding is not a complete out-cross but rather bred within the same family. Most of it goes back to Eli and Eli Jr. They are bred within the same families and they meet up nicely with similar dogs in the ped. The only out I see is the Robinson/Whitley stuff, which is Redboy/Jocko and some of the best there is within those lines.

I would definitely give one of those pups a shot. The chances of them turning out are as good or better than any and they would definitely have the potential to be great producers as well, being that they are bred within the same families and from prooven stock all the way back.

But hey, that's just my opinion and I'm a nobody, so who really cares about my take on the matter anyway :)

Gato

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2007
  9. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Get your dogs from a dogman

10. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

Like it was said before....Family crosses.