1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by brolick, Jul 15, 2006.

1. brolick

brolick Big Dog

I know a guy that has been breeding pit bulls for about 30 years and has pedigrees that go back that far. He now has some dogs that spit out blue eyes evry time, no since blue eyes aren't in the standard for pitbulls, would u not consider his dogs to be pitbulls. His dog sizes follow the standard and they're all game.

2. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I forget where I read this, but I read a statement that said blue eyes are a bulldog trait. I may be wrong, but like I said, I've read this from somewhere...

3. ROSE

ROSE Banned

Blue eyes are not rare in pitbulls.I've seen sons off of Jeep with blue eyes,also offsprings of Snooty.

4. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

That is interesting, about blue eyes. I don't know much about breeding or confirmation standards but through this site am gradually becoming informed about this subject. Anyone informed on the subject who cares to talk about blue eyed pits and further educate me, I would sure appreciate it...

5. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Most if not all pups have blue eyes. After a couple weeks they start changing. Some dogs just have blue eyes, it don't make or break the dog as far as purity goes. As for your statement about all his dogs being game, well, I doubt it.

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Blue eyes wouldn't make the dog not a Pit Bull. They're just not preferred by the breed standard.

7. Attila

Attila Guest

Actually it is a trait that they often concider with albinoism. However I doubt it. It is claimed that some are deaf, blind sun intollerant but I have seen several that were none of that. Baby has blue eyes with a hazel ring around them. laurajean's dog there has blue eyes but isn't albino for sure. I know what the standard says about blue and pink eyes but as far as the blue go I have not seen many problems as they have noted. I haven't been around any true albino's though. I am sure that they are light sensitive. And lacking pigmentation may cause the other problems listed. I have not done a study on it but I know in every other creature that is a true albino has pink not blue eyes. So I believe it is a false assumption to lable them as albino. It doesn't effect the dogs in any way that I have ever seen, the rule is that the eyes can't be all blue. So baby shows. They often take a second look but she doesn't get deducted. I like to ride the edge of the razor anyway. lol