1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by grave digger, May 19, 2010.

1. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

This is just a question now i here story's from the old guys from time to time, what do you call a dog that just wreck a dog to damn death in a roll match what every. Then the dog stops the wrecking because of the dog shows no sine of life but will re-grab when the dog move or breathe what is that?, i was over hearing the old school cats talking about it but didn't stay long so.

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

(PRE 76) that's a schooling dog. may not be worth a bet back then but they did a good job for checking prospects.

3. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Sounds like Rascal. He quit once to a dog that did not make it way back in 70's. I was recently debating a friend about rascal. One side is he acted less than perfect and the other is how many are going to hang around long enough for it to become an issue.

4. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Are you asking what is the term (pre 76) of a dog that wont scratch back into a "dead" whether he is (dead) or is just motionless?

5. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Look for the thread I posted called "If he was a Cur" it talks about this question. The Great Spike was like that.

Some dogs just won't go to a down hog, now most of the ones that I've noticed that won't grab a down hog will go back and grab once they them selfs are handled...

6. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Had one like that actually down from spike he wasnt a killer either he just liked to fight lol!!!

7. gameexchange

gameexchange Big Dog

I agree with rooster on this one. Some the second you grab them and pull them away from the down hog and then let go they're back over there. I just think some are smart enough to know when the hog is down if it isnt moving and some are just stone crazy and wont stop until you take them totally away to where they cant even see the hog. I know everyone wants the stone cold killer but the reality of it is there are many different ways to win and some dogs know that. I had a dog that it used to piss me off sooooo bad that he would only do enough to get the job done and the reason i know this is because he went into some hogs and it was almost like he breezed through but you didnt see anything that was just sooo amazing and then with some other ones it would be like wow, damn like he's trying to destroy him. So it's like once you see the destroyer in the dog then you see him pussy foot around with another it's like all you want to see is straight thrashing because you've seen him do it. Kinda got side tracked my bad but again i agree with rooster.

8. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

the dog on top the dog on bottom motionless

9. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Yo rooster send me that link that you posted about if he was a cur i will like to take a look at it

10. TwistedMettle

TwistedMettle Big Dog

11. chef_kergin

chef_kergin Big Dog

12. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

13. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

That is just the dog succumbing to his natural instinct. Which is to let up when he or she senses no threat. This shows in many game dogs. But if his or her helpless adversary is taken to the corner they will and should bang them again. They know they moved.

14. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

The thing is the apbt had some qualities dogs naturally posses bred out. The will to survive rather than fight, attacking when an adversary is showing submission. However i wouldnt call a dog like that a cur, it might just be a high ability dog that is to smart for their own good

15. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

I like that:0047:

16. Rebs

Rebs Banned

Very good mate.

17. AGame

AGame CH Dog

this reminds me of my fathers dog on the farm he has an australian shepard that will kill anything other than livestock on sight dogs coyotes cats whatever he is plain crazy he will go at the dog till it is dead and then walk away but if that dog moves he is right back on it a stray got ran over in front of the house the dog started yelping he went over and shook it a few times it stopped moving then all of a sudden he started yelping again and he went back at it and killed it i know hes not a bulldog but sems to be some sort of trait some dogs have