1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question to experts

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by gamebred26, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

Ive got 2 and one wild Jack ass Russel also...All three are inside dogs but HAVE to have lots of outside/exersize otherwise yes they do get into trouble....I think it is all in the dog. My newest one is very smart and catches on to most things pretty quickly but from what I head bout his sire and dam, it doesnt quit match.(they both we outside dogs their whole lives)...
    yes some are more lickly to eat,break,chew,etc something than others but alot can be learned from the start and cont. will throughout...

2. Well no expert here but the REAL APBT's I've owned in the past that were bred tight and game, were always kept outside but were the greatest dogs I've ever owned,great around PEOPLE..Smart as hell and I'd let them in the house from time to time but I couldnt trust them in the house unsupervised..HA...Once had a old Jim Williams/Tudor blooded dog from Game blood,VERY laid back until another dog was around or until left alone in the house with a new PIT group couch..Ha..I should have known not to leave two PITS together because I walked in to the complete frame of the couch with stuffing and fabric everywhere.HA HA!!.They need to stay busy in some way shape or form,but that broke me...But Super awesome pets with much love to give,great with kids and babies in my experience..How good a trainer are you,thats my question and do you trust your ability..Kinda like dealing with the Devil...Every dog is different

3. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

like everyones pretty much said they make great pets... loyal, driven, funny,intelligent (not mine..lol) and you cant beat that bulldog smile...different lines are harderyou should make sure the parents dont have any ha traits...but besides that as long as you are resonsible give them plenty of excercise and akgnolage what you own is a bulldog and not a pomeranian to parade around at dog parks you should be fine.

and on a side note i dont think the op meant tight bred as in pedegree being tight on particular dogs. rather "tight" as in pure game-bred dog not mixed with other "pitbulls"

this one is as game bred as they come...and the best pet i i could ever ask for.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=303575

4. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

Wow, that dog is gorgeous!!!

5. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

thank you i love her...she was only seven months in that pic.. shes nine now so shes put on more muscle and is losing her baby fat. but i like that pic alot so ive left it up for awhile. ill take some new photos of her this weekend at a show...

but like i said game bred as you can possibly be and the best pet anyyone could ask for...shes been raised in the house since she was born so im sure that has alot to do with her being so good in the house...

6. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

You're very welcome!!! And if you ever get sick of her (LOL), you can always send her to my house... :D

7. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

I see alot of people saying APBTs make great pets IF....
    Then preceed with some pretty big if's

When I think of pets I think of dogs in purses with their nails painted on flexi leads with clueless people on the other end.

I don't think APBT,malinois,dutch sheps or heelers etc.as pets,they are great dogs,hard workers and companions but not pets.Heck I think giant schaunzers make horrible pets.

IDK how people can say APBTs make great pets and at the same time say keep what you breed and close the circle.

I would never tell anyone working dogs make great pets.Great Dawgs.not pets

8. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

i whole heartedly disagree...my dog is the sweetest most people loving dog you will ever meet,shes a pleasure to have laying by my side..there a lil high strung so you have to excercise them...but if your not lazy,and are responsible there is no reason you cant have a bulldog live in your house...

why would you want some snappy man biting lil furball bitch for a dog thats only good for eating shit,when you could have a loyal, intelligent hard working dog that would die for you???

9. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

That's like maybe 5% of the population
    95% are lazy and irresponsible

I wouldn't,but most(not here) would.

With all the trouble this breed is in and the countless APBTs avaible they do not need to promoted as great pets.

Living in the house or not(I have no problem with them in the house)

JMO
    SWIM?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
  10. great points you make, farmcurs. the term "pet" can be loosely used at times. i was more or less stating they can be decent house dogs, given their physical requirements are met. while i would never promote them as "pets" or sell any bulldog pups that i produced as such, they do make wonderful family dogs. they are a dogmans dog, always were. you cannot change their nature unless you bred for reasons other than performance...then you'll have another AST, imo. their intellegence and ability to pick up on things are often times overlooked because of that stubborn bulldog mentality....which often results in destruction of personal goods. each individual dog is different. if you breed tightly off some dog that was known to demolish everything in his path...his temperament could very easily be passed along to offspring. so it depends on which dog in that bloodlines was tightly bred off of....not so much how tight the bloodline was. if that makes sense.

11. masta of game

masta of game Banned

im no expert, but if the answer is no, than its like saying bring in BSL.

BSL says apbt < game bred> is not a pet, a dangerour dog " not suitable as a pet", its only for fighters and fighting them is illegal so lets bann them because there is no other job for the apbt, we dont nee it. hence BSl

12. i don't think it's quite that black and white, masta. if you place your gamebred "pets" with common people, that too can bring about BSL. but if you place your dog with a knowlegable person that understands this breed, even if they have no plans with the dogs other than play...they better play hard with them...lol you'll be doing the breed a favor by not promoting them as pet quality, imo but they do make good pets in the right hands. BSL starts with the peddlers, imo.

13. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

In my 28 years of Pit Bull ownership I can tell you one thing about game bred dogs versus the whatevers, they're stable. That can mean a lot of damn things. All mine were stable good around people and stable great with kids. When it came to animals, well then you start getting into the tricky areas. :) Whether they tolerated, liked, or hated other dogs, they were all very stable about it. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
  14. The dogs that I have owned were friggin bad...lol. Im not going to lie. I dont think many people even know what a game-bred dog is like. I'm not talking about on paper. Im talking about coming from proven parents...grandparents etc.

My dog Debo even saw another dog...he would start that bulldog cry..a noise only a few people get to hear...that let me off this god damn chain so I can go!!!! cry...

I dont own anything now but am prob going to get a pit..I'm actually going to rescue a dog. Im not interested in bloodlines anymore...if a dogs a cur.... I just want a buddy....to take on hikes...jogs etc.

I think I owe it to the breed. There are so many dogs in shleters its friggin sad. Some seized...prob retired warriors...some curs dumped at the side of the road...some just to hard for owners to handle.

So thats where I am at.

15. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

The shelter in camden has tons of Pitbull type dogs brother ( you can find them on petfinder.com), that is actually most of what they have there. Couple of weeks I posted something on the dayYou should be able to find the perfect athletic companion there. Let me know how your search goes :)
    Next Yr I want to add another dog to my home but I am still trying to figure out what I want to get my self into. My boy Pluto is very freaking crazy around stranger dogs but he seems to respect my inlaws Female Shepperd dog which is very dominant but stable and confident, so it can be a toss up with a big ass dominant Bitch or maybe a some lazy submissive little boy.

16. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

My first Pit Bull was bought in 1981, he had 2 Tudor dogs in his pedigree and one other big name dog which I can't remember. That dog could not be near any other dog, period. I can't recall ever hearing him growl but he sure did cry like that a lot. :) We wanted to breed him, my buddy had a hot Pit Bull, so we took him over there. He just wanted to fight her, lol.

My father actually told me a couple weeks ago, "Brent, I won't lie, when Del passed I was a bit relieved. That dog was such a liabilty, even back then." That dog was something special though, we got him when I was 7 and he and I were joined by the hip. That dog would have done anything to protect me. He was as game as they come, tough as nails, but that dog was just as sweet as he could be to me and my sis. He broke my dad's ribs while they were playing "chase" though, lol.

17. yeah esp around here in NJ and NYC there are hundreds out there...prob thousands..and I can't even imagine how many have been put down. it sux.

i am looking in to a few now. every shelter is loaded with apbt's.

18. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Let me know how it goes. People for animals in Bridgewater has a few small apbt as well. I met them at the local petsmart and they were badass!:)

19. ................

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009
  20. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I wanted to ask you this since you seem to be very knowledgeable on gamedogs and I am just a noob. A true gamedog, if It sees the sight of another dog how does it react? I know that every dog is different and they have different personalities but we in speaking of what separates the behavior of a true gamedog and a dog agressive curr what would you say are the main differences in their response to such scenario? Now is it everydog that the gamedog wants to get at or it depends if it is being challanged?(stare, body positioning)