1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Purpose of "Bite Work/Protection" Training?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Jelet, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Re: Purpose of "Bite Work/Protection" Training?

Well my moneys on the older guy with experience and not the young child with the dog,as would be my money on the old dog with experience vs the young pup just starting out

2. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Three great sources for APBT knowledge... but as i stated when you talk to anyone about their breed of choice you get a peaches and cream version of the breed. When i say reliable sources i mean in the area of the discussion, we are talking about protection... not assuming that a dog will protect but testing and confirming it. Taking a green dog that has no training at all and putting it in a bite situation. Show me the parts of the book that give that information... go to any board that focuses on SCH, french ring, Protection, street ring, or any of the bite sports and ask them about training an APBT. I am willing to bet nearly 100% of them will tell you the dog works in prey drive. not a defensive drive.

I own a Fila... arguable one of the best natural protection breeds you can find. there was a huge Fila even about 5 years ago. 100+ Filas all together in one place, conformation show, temperment testing, etc. out of all of those dogs 2 passed. thats right 2 dogs out of over 100 that actaully engaged the decoy. do you know what? becase the owners of those dogs just thought that they would. so they had never bred for or tested any of the drives in the dogs, they just assumed that because the dog barked at strangers and put on good show that they would perform.

3. act284

act284 Big Dog

I'm all for this theory testing...but if Jelet is right, you'd better be able to take the bite and not press charges

let me know if it happens, and the results

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

been there, done that. early 90's

5. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

Jelet you can have as many soruces as you can but it still coule be wrong don't you think?

6. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

jelet I always thought you were the young man that keeps it professional whatever happened to that?

7. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

Jelet what are you going to do if that doesn't go according to plan just dcurious? What fi your dog just sits with a big smile on his face while your getting your ass whoopedd? Itis almost like this Young puppy vs Old fighting dog who do you think si going to win?

8. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

Or like Eli vs Reboy Eli may be quite slow but he has a hard mouth that will jerk the shit out of Redboy and make him bounce back a couple of times but then again Redboy is fast while Eli has a hard mouth so like diesel said everything isn't going to peaches and cream

9. act284

act284 Big Dog

been there done that? can you be more specific? or even better, walk the walk and back up your talk

10. act284

act284 Big Dog

all this forum fighting means nothing...we need a conclusion lol

11. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

good one indeed

12. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

Yeah you guys so back tot he topic:D

13. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i would prefer not to, it was a street fight, not an arranged boxing match

sure, i have no problem with that at all.

what some people dont understand is this- a dog is flesh and blood. you can make flesh and blood stop instantly if you know how too, and have the stones...
    a dog is biting you? jamb your thumbs in its eye sockets and rip its eyes out, that will stop it right away.
    dogs cant run 300+ feet per second...bullets can
    a $5 steak is a burgalur's best friend
    etc etc etc.

14. act284

act284 Big Dog

no one said anything about shooting the dog...or giving it steak

i thought we were testing Jelet's theory on his dogs natural protection...but if his dog does bite, you shouldn't be getting mad

I'd also find it hard to believe you could take on a man and his dog at the same time (with no weapons of course as was proposed)

15. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Who here that have been in these dogs for over 10 years would be comfortable with your game bred APBT actually attacking a human, regardless of the circumstance....what would you say about such a temperment? You cannot count posturing or taking a protective stance....but letting loose and engaging a human with no protection training. I am interested in your feedback. And Jelet "stop being friendly" and attacking a human are oceans apart. Sorry

16. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

its part of trying to get this thread back on topic ( although im not sure what the point is-it has kinda been beaten to death)
    the steak is in refference to the training- i knew someone in CT that had guard trained dogs in his warehouse. those dogs were trained so well, so much that you couldnt make them flinch w/ a steak...whereas most non trained dogs would drop whatever they were doing for a juicy steak.

the gun- there are dogs that are trained to disarm, but that has to be close quarters to give the dog a fair chance, otherwise its moving target parctice.

trained dogs get the job done, run of the mill dogs w/ no training are a crap shoot, and all the vague refferences in a couple of books cannot prove otherwise when the rubber meets the road

17. AGame

AGame CH Dog

IMHO this would be unacceptable and i would put the dog down i do not expect my dogs to fight for me im a grown ass man i can do that on my own
    i try not to put my self in situations that would lead to this but if it did happen the dog would not be living on my yard or anyone elses for that matter

18. AGame

AGame CH Dog

and as far as this thread goes i think its pretty much finished we are beating a dead horse here

19. act284

act284 Big Dog

put the debate to test...

jelet, rallyracer, how about it? anyone with a camera, please attend and upload

20. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Oh snap...when you are right you are right....YUP None of the references say the dog will attack...it is vague enough ON PURPOSE.....but you would have to be in the business, like Deisel to really understand this. But nice try Jelet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.