1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Purpose of "Bite Work/Protection" Training?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Jelet, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msdogman

msdogman Pup

Re: Purpose of "Bite Work/Protection" Training?

i didn read all this thread but young people like you jelet is what makes it hard for other young folks like myself and others to learn from real dogmen the real dogman isnt going to keep trying to help us learn anything about this breed if we wont listen to them im 28 and have been around these dogs all my life but i still learn from people on here every day because i sit back and read what they have to say not try and sound like i know it TO ALL THE REAL DOGMEN OUT THERE THANK YA AND TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU JELET FIND A NOTHER KIND OF DOG MAYBE A MUT OF SOME KIND

2. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

LMAO....Huge debate in my house, the hubs agrees with you...and I love the dawg trainin. From my perspective it's a LOT MORE FUN to work with the dawgs than to protect yourself from a .357 "kick back"...LOL ;)

3. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Yes it will and it should if it has the correct temperment....

4. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

EXACTLY!!!!! I love this answer.

5. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Why don't you read a book or private message a knowledgeable folk on this subject? Stop listening to wanna be's like rallleyracer and a few sadly misinformed folks. A smart APBT with a great bond will protect you in real danger. I have no time for nonsense. I did not come up with this myself, just stuff i read from knowledgeable folks. Do I need to scan it from books?
    And find posts which other smart folks say everything I am saying? It really is not hard. You need to understand these dogs are not robots. It has a brain and if it see's you in danger, it will not stay still! That is a spit in the face to this breed to think they are stupid. If it is smart and has a great bond. It should protect you if your in real danger. Now I know other guardian breeds might growl if some stranger is yelling loudly at you and your stressful. But an APBT will only bite a human under a situation which is needed. So once again, Do I really need to scan parts in books by reputable authors and show you posts of reputable members? I really have no time for nonsense. And why would I own another breed or mutt because I believe these dogs will protect you in real danger? Sh*t man. You a highschool drop out or something? Some people on this forum amaze me with the logic in posts.

6. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

OK lets talk about logic, what two qualities have been selectively bred in the APBT for hundreds of years. 1) Game, 2) ???????, An APBT CAN be handled in a very excited state. This does not mean they pop out of their dams womb trained to pack structure, however they have an inbred avoidance to human aggression. SOOOOOOooooooooo if you have a game dog, that is well bred, the proper temperment is to AVOID in excited states, human aggression. So again the well bred pit should sit back and let you get your a** kicked...now he will alert, but he should not cross that HA line...AGAIN IF GAME AND WELL BRED. You cannot have it both ways.

7. farm curs

farm curs Big Dog

First you say will then you say should.....

If only it was that simple:eek:

8. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Maybe he is confusing the PB with Lassie......Jk jk jkj jk......but that last post reminded me of Timmy's Mom asking Lassie....."Girl is Timmy in danger?????" and not only did Lassie know, she saved him! Bwwwaaahahahahahahahahahah

9. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Dude... You gotta stop smoking weed man. Its really killing your brain cells. All I have to say is no. Get yourself some real books by reputable authors so you could learn.... Go please pm all your questions to reputable people on the forum instead of posting public and letting randoms answer.

10. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

First I am not a dude, second how about a logical rebuttal instead of this immature spewing.....tell me why? And please don't use "a smart guy said so", use your brain and reason it out.

All the reputal people I know agree with me.....please quote your books as reference....

11. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Jelet- i am not sure what you consider reputable, or knowledgeable... but make sure you arent just googling romanticized BS from random sources and assuming it is true. Because as far as that goes ANY breeder/owner of any breed of dog is going to make you think that thier breed can walk on awater is perfect and a natural guardian with excellent temperment and its all sugar and spice.
    I have real world working experience with dogs testing them and working them and training them... and i am telling you for sure, dogs DO NOT naturally protect like that. even guarding breeds have to be taught. I have a woman that is talking to me right now for breed selection in Alberta canada, she was robbed and assaulted in front of her dogs. I know of at least one story right here in Nebraska last year a woman had her home broken into, she was raped tied up and robbed and her pit mix was tail tucked running from room to room to get away from the guy. the dog was closed up in the closet when the police came. do some more research, i think you are getting biased data.

12. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Diesel, in your work have you ever researched the number of K-9s that are APBTs? I see a lot of bomb sniffers, SAR dogs, narcotics sniffers, but I do not believe I have ever come across a PB that is used to attack the bad guy....I always assumed it was because the trainers had to overcome the inbred avoidance of this breed to HA.....any research there you could share?

13. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

There is actually a group in South Florida that is working to get APBTs (and ABs) used as police dogs. The public perception of the breed is the biggest hurdle.. the lack of HA can actually be a big plus, aggression really has no place on the field. dogs that react out of aggression are really hard to control once they do get the bite, they are hard to out and corrections have to be handled way differently.
    But the APBT down right doesnt want to bite a person, you will seea dog that is absolute crazy for a tug grab is and pull like crazy but as soon as the decoy moves thier arm under the tug like in a bite stance the dog will immediately out. they can be worked with and encourage to bite but it takes so much longer than it does for other breeds its just easier to use other dogs.

14. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I understand what you are saying, but isn't it true that the guardian breeds are actually bred with a tendency to HA but very reliable recall?

15. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Not really generally a guarding breed of dog is not bred for Human Agression. Its a natural suspicion or aloofness for strangers and it typcically is a part of thier defensive drive. A proper temperment on a guarding dog would be to alert and confront a threat but with a proper introduction a decoy should be able to approach a guarding dog without fear of being bitten. A dog that displays human aggression is going to bite... even without provocation. When you see a dog do a bark and hold, that is not something a dog that has true human aggressvie can do, they are going to engage.

16. Jelet

Jelet Banned

I thought that would be common sense to some. Anyways....
    The following below are not reputable sources but I agree with em and thought I'd share the posts with yall.

I Liked this post, although Cant confirm that this person is reputable.
    Didnt like the part where he mentioned pack though, cause I do not believe these dogs are "pack animals. But I like the other stuff he said.
    Pit Bull Chat Forum - View Single Post - When is it acceptable for a dog to bite??

Pit Bull Chat Forum - View Single Post - When is it acceptable for a dog to bite??

---

Here are "reputable sources"

A Knowledgeable person.

[​IMG]

Pit Bull Chat Forum - View Single Post - Protector Instinct?

And check out his blogs, not related to this discussion though.
    Pit Bull Chat Forum - NcPrisonGuard

---------------

Reputable Book sources which support me.

Here is a part of a book by California Jack, who is one of my favorite dogmen. A smart, funny, knowledgeable person.

[​IMG]

----------

Here is another reputable source from a reputable author (richard straton)

This is in richard strattons book.

[​IMG]

---

I could keep scanning my books all day. But do i really need to open books and SEARCH for the pages where this topic is being discussed to prove to UNKNOWLEDGABLE folks that they are full of sh*t ? No, i have no time for this nonsense.

Get your self a dam book and read. Its not hard.

anyone who still thinks I am wrong, PLEASE POST YOUR SOURCES. Ok thanks.

-

As I said. I can post more sources on top of what I said, but why search all day for pages in books which discuss this?

----[​IMG]

i guess California jack has no experience with this breed, or ncprisonguard, or richard stratton? Thank you all the laughs!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
  17. Jelet

Jelet Banned

I have 3 other books which were not in the picture because I left them on the top shelf and I forgot to take them out of my scanner when I took the pic. Silly me. And I believe some of them are buried under each other. Because they are soft cover and wont stand up. but nonetheless, i am looking forward to your sources to see one say a well bred apbt will not protect its owner when the owner is getting attacked.

18. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

how about this- i will gladly help test your theory.
    i will pin you down and repeatedly punch you in the face ( remember- it is your assertation that your dog will come to your defense unfazed under these very circumstances)- and then we can see just what your dog will do. my money is on the fact that your dog will posture, and posture only. meanwhile you are spitting teeth, and crying for your mommy.

19. Jelet

Jelet Banned

? trying to act hard?? Let me know when you are in the area of NJ attending an AADR or ADBA Dog show. So I could attend. Feel free to randomly attack me with my dog leashed on my hand. You will have a nice scar on your face. Use your head fool. You are not going to win in a fight vs ME+My dog. I love you ralley racer. Always making me laugh with your nonsense. But if you really think you are hard or something. I'd have my dog on the crate and we could legally fight with boxing gloves. I'd love to put you in your place where you belong. You are an old out of shape man who will dominate the fight first 3 minutes then be out of breathe and fu*ked.

20. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

.....crawfish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.