1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Purpose of "Bite Work/Protection" Training?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Jelet, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Re: Purpose of "Bite Work/Protection" Training?

I don't think you fully grasp the definition of "cur". A GSD or Mailnoisis aren't bred to go into dogs just like APBT aren't bred to go into people. Two completely different things. Just because a GSD won't sit in a box for 3 hours and get chewed on doesn't mean it won't bite the hell out of you. These dogs were bred to guard and protect their owners. Bulldogs are bred to be game with everything BUT people. I'm not sure how you can't understand this. Maybe your dog will help you in a fight or maybe he might sit back and see how game you really are.

2. AGame

AGame CH Dog

"Maybe your dog will help you in a fight or maybe he might sit back and see how game you really are." rofl if only a dog thought this way well lets just see how game you are you have tested me ahahahahaha

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

this is very muck akin to the good ol' Am Bully debate.
    you can tell their owners that they are not an APBT, but some will swear up and down that they are, cite sources in print, heck-maybe even produce a registration certificate that says so....it still doesnt make it so.
    just like this case. just because you believe something, cite a couple vague refferences in print, and are certain of what an untrained/untested dog will do in certain situations...doesnt make it so.

fight or flight

4. Jelet

Jelet Banned

I promised myself I would not post, but Naustrom needs to be educated.

A GAME dog will fight another dog,formidable quarry or a human....& not give up.

Gameness is just a trait to take any amount of punishment w/out CURRING

Look how foolish you sound. "Bulldogs are bred to be game with everything BUT people" Do you not understand what Gameness is? It just means the dog has a "heart" and will continue to "scratch" and take any amount of punishment.
    APBTS WERE BRED TO BE GAME. --- HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE. GAME IS GAME.
    A human aggressive game dog attacking me(Which is very uncommon but just saying hypothetically), will continue to fight me no matter the amount of pain. It will not run away in the woods if it is game just because "i am a human"!!​

I suggest you search "Gameness" to understand what this is. ​

The next thing your going to tell me is that the old bulldog was not used for human-baiting.​

And what, GSDS? So your are telling me are you an expert on GSDS and APBTS Naustroms??? ​

First of all I suggest you learn what a german shepHERD dog was bred for. I have no time for this nonsense. ​

GSDS are good guard dogs because they will not allow strangers on your property uninvited and are very alert. Not because "lol they bred to protect owner, lol im so smart"​

GSDS are more alert than most APBTS.
    GSDS will not allow a stranger on your property uninvited​

I have no time for this nonsense. ​

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

...and this one is pretty much done. Jelet is taking a few days off to reflect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.