1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Purina foods

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pit#5, Apr 11, 2009.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

It's probally in your best intrest to not upset the B.O.S.S. the information on this site is priceless and yes you can find the info elsewhere, but it's not easy finding good sites like this one just food for thought....:rolleyes:

2. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

I see some people saying that raw is cheaper then buying a bag of dog food but I havent found a store yet in my area that sells them cheap or cheap enough to equal the amount of dog food a 40lbs bag can feed especially if ya feeding over 10+ dogs. Maybe its cheaper if ya feeding 1-3 dogs but more then that it aint or at least I havent found a place that sells them as cheap as your store does. If there was a store near me thats really cheap I would be feeding all my dogs raw also as I too believe it is the best diet one can feed but right now thats just not the case especially in these hard economic times as prices are high now.

3. Marty

Marty Guest

Ja-net I can't call you to the (PiT) so join me in chat :)

4. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

Thats true Marty but you should lead by example and stewart your powers and authority wisely and not abuse it like some of your mods do.

What do I bring to the table? Well if youve been reading my post without letting your emotions interfere with your judgement you will see what Im bringing to the table. I can be very sacrastic at times but if you only focus on that part of my posts thats all you gonna see you need to seek the truth my friend.

5. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

Well how do you think all these so called priceless information got on this site???? Its from People like us that put it here especially from the older members who are now banned or left because of there own personal reasons.

6. Marty

Marty Guest

So care to chat about it?

Chat is open and your welcome to join ;)

I'm there to answer your questions ;)

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

The ones I know that are banned were banned for breaking the rules set up by marty not because of their personal beliefs....;) I know this because I was once in their boat:o

8. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Originally Posted by BostonBully [​IMG]
    I don't know what you are talking about but feeding raw is cheap and doesn't take much time at all. I buy 20 pounds of chicken and have it chopped up to correct portions, packaged up and in the freezer in 15-20 minutes. Not to mention 69 cents a pound for leg quarters from the supermarket isn't breaking the bank either. Add in some beef for 1.49 a pound and whatever else is on sale and you have the BEST diet you can feed for cheap money.
    ===========================================
    i'm going to try this also thanks BB \
    And also
    A time back I tried the Purina as i once said in the post, and the dog liked it had nice energy from it, but that past fast. Soon after I saw bald spots, dog was gassy and energy was short lived. I learned my lesson I wont ever feed my dog the garbage food it is more expensive anyway since there is a need to feed large amounts, some times I can’t believe how little of the better food is needed to make a dog content. The bald spots have filled in for the most part and as long as I stay away from corn based food all is well.

9. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

If you cannot afford to feed a dog right why own it?

10. New2Game

New2Game Pup

i'll ignore the rest of the crap youve been spewing. youre obviously not very educated, if you dont get what everyone is telling you then theres no helping you. some dont want to learn.

call your local butcher bro, you wouldnt believe what you get organ meat for! so cheap...like 50 lbs of kidney for 40 bucks when i called, i'm just not ready to commit to raw. so i feed GOOD dog food.

11. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Not sure where you are located, but a butcher/slaughterhouse/processor is near to impossible to find here and when you do they want to sell you at least a ton at a time or they won't bother with it. Do you have any other resource ideas? We used to use one on the net that was owned by a friend of ours but they are no longer in business and the other ones I have found are not an economically smart choice.

12. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

Again you dont get what I was trying to say in my post did you read it carefully and think about it before you replied?......Some of you say Im sarcastic when I reply yeah I am but when you come up with these ridiculous one liner replies you doing the same thing.

First off what is feeding a dog right? Marty even said some dogs do good off of Olroy so are they not feeding right? Second are you just guessing that Im feeding my dogs Purina now? Go back and read my post I just used the Purina puppy chow once because I ran out of diamond brand.....and the only time I use the Purina proplan performance feed is for a conformation show other then that I wont use it because it cost too expensive to feed on a daily basis all year round. What I normally feed my dog daily is the costco Kirkland chicken and rice brand because right now its the best bang for the buck IMO.......Now if you gonna reply think very hard about it before you do and make sure it aint no sarcastic one liners please thank you

Now that I think about David fitness you are the one that apologized to me just recently on this thread because you didnt read what I wrote carefully and I told you next time you speak make sure you think about it hard and ponder on it before you make a reply? and then you go and do the exact same thing again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
  13. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I'm not sure what you are planning to do if you go raw but just a little FYI you shouldn't feed all organ meat. I give organ meat two times a week. Organ meat if over fed is very rich and will give your dog the shits. Atleast that was what I was told and unfortunatly experienced first hand.

I agree with the butcher thing. Go to yellowpages.com and find packaging plants or butchers in your area. You may have to buy a large freezer because they do generally want you to buy in bulk but not a ton lol.

14. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I checked it out, it is not too bad. I wouldn't feed that to my dog but it is def way better Purina.

15. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

You saying my opinions is wrong and you trying to force your opinions on me by calling my opinions crap? and calling me not very educated?......but when I say sarcastic shit back yall scold me and jump on my ass for it? but its ok when someone does it too me? If you go back and read my first post on this subject it was a good normal post with no sarcasim aimed at anyone I was just replying to that persons post in a civilized manner...Then you New2Game attack me with your ridiculous one liner question and expect me to not do the same? So you see folks I wasnt the one that started this crap but yet most of you make me out to be the bad guy????

I appreciate the second half of your reply but like I said before I havent found any stores that will sell me meat that cheap in my area kind like what GA said and then they want you to buy in bulk which there isnt any room in the freezer and Im not willing to drive 500 miles to go pick it up every week either. Again I will reply accordingly to your replies if you being a wise ass or asking dumb questions in your replys I will do the same.

P.S. I dont suger coat anything I will tell you straight up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
  16. im in the food searching boat and from what ive found Kirkland is the best bang for the buck.... but does any one have an equivlent food in price they suggest? Cant do raw dont have the freezer space due to living in a condo......

17. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

it's hard to say, after looking at the Kirkland food I see courple of bad ingridients: the brewers yeast, egg product instead of whole egg and in my opinion I'd like to see more meat products in the beginning of the ingridient list.However, I do not see Kirkland as a completely horrible food. What I feed has Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Potato Starch, Turkey Meal, Whitefish Meal, Salmon Meal this is the list of the first ingridients. My cat eats even better than my two dogs however she gets Deboned Turkey, Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whitefish Meal, Potatoes, Salmon Meal, Natural Chicken Flavor. Chicken Fat as the main ingridients.

18. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I don’t think raw has to be all or nothing Just mix some with what you use (dry food) together with a bit of raw, this is one of the dry dog foods I like in addition some days I use EVO red or yellow bag

[​IMG]
    Health Extension Lamb & Rice

Our new Holistic Health Extension Lamb and Brown Rice formula is specially prepared with all-natural ingredients for the complete health of your dog. With New Zealand free range deboned Lamb as our #1 ingredient, you can be assured that this food provides a wholesome and pure diet–all with a great taste dogs love. Additionally, this hypoallergenic formula can help eliminate pet food allergies while ingredients like nutritious brown rice and sunflower oil provide efficient sources of energy that support exercise and endurance. Such nutrient-rich, whole foods help to fulfill the unique health needs of your dog–something you can feel good about. As with all of our Health Extension foods, we guarantee excellent nutrient digestibility through our patented digestive tract system, which includes blue green algae, prebiotics and |probiotics along with wholesome grains and natural fiber to help maintain a healthy intestinal tract. All of this in a great tasting, hearty formula made right here in the USA!

• No By-Products
    • No Rendered Animal Fats
    • No Corn
    • No Glutens
    • No Soy
    • No Artificial Preservatives
    • No Wheat
    • No BHT
    • No Ethoxyquin
    • No Added Sugar
    • No Artificial Flavors, Colors or Dyes
    Available In: 4lb, 15lb

Ingredients

Deboned Lamb, Lamb Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Salmon Meal, Oatmeal, Sunflower Oil Stabilized With Mixed Tocopherols(a natural source of Vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Quinoa, Alfalfa Sprouts, Fresh Whole Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Whole Carrots, Peas, Whole Flaxseed, Atlantic Kelp, Sea Salt, Whole Blueberries, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Yeast, Salmon Oil Stabilized With Mixed Tocopherols (a natural source of Vitamin E), Spinach, Chicory Root Extract, Fresh Garlic, Sage, Basil, Green Tea Extract VITAMINS AND MINERALS: Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic, Astragalus, CoQ10, DHA, Gingko Biloba, Ginger, Primrose Oil, Glucosamine, Condroitin, DL Methione, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Coral Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Niacin Supplement, Choline chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ester C, Biotin, Inositol, Omega 3 / Omega 6 Oils, Polysaccharide Complexes of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Calcium lodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Colostrum, Blue/Green Algae, Pectin, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Enterococcus faecium, B. Subtillus, Bacillus lichenformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger
    How important are ingredients? Check out our Ingredient Index.

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

sometimes i feel like this is a phuckin kindergarten class:mad:.

20. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

here are a couple that are ~semi~ local ...

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourcei...=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=6628715743103014821

http://www.canineperformancefuels.com/ in middle tn

good group here, and they link to a farm/supplier in manchester, tn...
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MDTN_BARF/summary