1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pups keep

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by phill, Jul 5, 2010.

1. phill

phill Top Dog

in the past in my 6 x 10 kennel with the pups i've used a wooden bed or box with cedar chips for them to sleep on with fine pine chips on the ground always was easy to clean ,,last year i lost a pup due to eating ceader chips ,,this time i put carped in the breeding box and beeing the female is a house dog i didn't have to use pine on the ground,, now that pups are away from the momma i put pine down and they started eating it right away so i went with a small piece of carpet for them to sleep on and bare floor to shit on cleaning with paint scrapers and moping many times a day its very clean ,,,schould i try something different ?? not useing the pine is a hastle

2. peppapig

peppapig Banned

straw perhaps.

3. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

straw in the summer asking for fleas. can try sawdust.

4. phill

phill Top Dog

the chips i buy are small enough to call saw dust the bigger shaveings don't absorbe enough don't help at all these ones beeing their 5 weeks and was the first time in it went to eating it i think if they were crawling on it before from birth they wouldn't go to eating it at all and beeing i lost a good one last year i'm just mopin 2 pups went today that helps

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

newspaper with bigger shavings on top. the shavings should help with the smell hopefully the pups get used to it so in a few weeks you can switch to shavings only without them trying to eat it.

6. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

read that cedar chips give off gases that are harmful especially to pups. Could be what happened to yours.

7. Phebes

Phebes Pup

I use straw in the puppy pen and I think it works great. Very easy to keep the pen clean. No problem with fleas cause I use Frontline Plus.

8. phill

phill Top Dog

i xrayed the pup she ate them bad i used ceader cus i heard it reples flees and ticks