1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

?? puppy with Broken Leg ??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by KansasPitbull, Aug 29, 2008.

1. i used to do a little weight pulling and after my pull dog pasted away i just stopped doing it well last dec. my new dog bailey was born. in in may she leaped from the porch and landed just wrong and broke her back left leg. the vet said it was what they call a "green stick" it was not totaly broke in half but on the x-ray it was a break at a slant. she was just under 5 months then and is now about 8.i wanted to do some weight pulling with her. we have been doing some drag weighting and working with a dead weight sled. does anyone know if it could hurt her to go to comp and pull heavy weight?? we have been thinking of starting her in some agility what do you all think please any insite would help. :confused:

2. some insite please.....?

3. thanks for moving me ;)

4. the vet said he didnt know and that he didn't know much about the sport i thought i might get bailey into agility i just want somthing fun a sporting to do with my dog

5. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

i would take it easy and let the pup do as much as the pup wants to and not push it

6. mojorising

mojorising Banned

periodic xrays + close observation?

7. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

im not a vet or experienced dogman but i would assume that they are like humans once the bone has completely healed its as good as new so i would maybe take it light for a lil bit longer so that you know the bone is completely healed before you work the dog hard...then you should be good to do whatever.

8. we have been dragging 8lb/2 window weights, i have a 5lb sled i put 20lb on it and she doesn't want to pull. she may just not like it when it becomes work. what do you all think about Agility?? I think i might start a thread on that i have never done agility but it looks like fun to me i enjoy working with my dogs and they aim to please me the dog i am talking about is about 8 months. i might sell my pull gear and invest in agility stuff