1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

puppy scared

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dmack102, Mar 29, 2013.

1. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

just got my new pup. And he's terrified if me .my family is light skinned I'm dark .he immediately warmed up to them but me he is petrified. He came from Texas .where I don't think he saw any black ppl. Anyone ever had a problem with this. Any tips would help. I even let him sleep in bed with me .still terrified he even budge when I'm around. I would post pic but don't kno how to on this new phone. PC is down I will post ped soon

2. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

3. Epona

Epona Banned

cajun racist dog, from floyd B? :D

4. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

I'm willing to bet its not your skin color but your energy... Relax, I have a male that did the same thing but he then became real close to me... He is a great dog now and shows no fear.

5. purenxs

purenxs Pup

Nicely bred dog from CDE. Send him/her back to Gary, he's has some more litters coming pretty soon!:tdogwalk2:

6. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

I really like this breeding. I tried walking on my knees to make myself smaller. I'm a large man. He not totally now he sniffing me. But still timid . Ima give a few months and c if he warms up to me. If not then I might have to take that road.when he gets bigger that might turn in to.aggression towards me then I would have big problems

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

sometimes dogs just take longer to worm up to you. like the fella said it's probably your energy the pup pick up on. just give him time to figure out pack dynamics. maybe it won't ever take a likening to you. we have a male the last 6 years can't stand O'l bb one bit lol.

8. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

Could be your voice, dogs love me til I start talking, it takes some time for them to get used to it.

9. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

it could b that I'm always stressed I got 3 badass step kids and 4 lil badasses of my own .all under 3 with barely any help...gray hairs pop up every day

10. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

Once they know your voice means, walks, bathroom, springpole, treats, and drives in the car they'll feel completely different about it.

11. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

I jjust got a female about 1 1/2 months ago and she was petrified of people and out doors. I almost sold her BC she was so scared. But I kept introduceing her to her fears and she broke out of it. She's 4 1\2 months now and a lil weary of people still but she see anything moving outside now she goes after it birds, squirrels etc. Give him a lil time he will graduate

12. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

thanks for advice he's starting to turn around . Now I can walk him on leash. He still won't come to me in house tho

13. LockNLoad

LockNLoad Pup

it's only been 2 days, is this your first APBT?

14. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

no it is not I've had bulldogs since I was 11 I'm 31 now. I just never seen a pup act like that. I have a few in my yard. This board is here to ask questions.now this is my first time owning a bulldog that cost me that much money... So of course ima be concerned after dishing out 800 for a pup then 350 on transporter

15. LockNLoad

LockNLoad Pup

What I am trying to say is that you have been given plenty of explanations on what could be the circumstance, how many more opinions would you want isn't everything covered? It's only been 2 days and your back over reacting without giving it a chance.. Anyways good luck with your BD hope everything works out for ya.

16. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

Ok wats ya point........

17. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

i never came across a pup that was like that with black ppl. he not that way with white ppl.. Ive had shy and scared pups but they were scares of ppl period.not a certain color... This board is for ..questions and for ppl to get a better understanding of the apbt is it not...

18. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I'm sure he isn't afraid of black people. You said the rest of your family is lighter than you, still black. Maybe you are too tall in the house to him. You might intimidate him. He might have been shy since birth. I highly doubt a pup under 12 months would have enough training or bad experiences to not like darker people. Give him some time, if you owned any type of dog for 20 years you should have run across a shy one or 2. How old is he?

19. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

No he's not racist. How old is the little critter? You just have to spend time a lot of time with the squirt he will come around. Pet him, hand feed him, hold him, talk to him, play with him, spend every hour possible with him. As soon as you know it he will be all over you. Some pups are just a little more skittish and you have to be creative enough to get this pup to trust you and feel safe with you. All your doing is building a bond this takes some time.

20. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

Lol...lol....lol....lol...lol....may-be he jus a bit shy........