1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy has an infected bellybutton

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by njchmin, Jan 2, 2006.

1. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

Me and my sister were looking at my pups the other day and she pointed out that one of my male pups had an infected bellybutton. I cleaned it out and noticed that the inside of it still hadnt closed up all the way. I looked at the other 12 and all of thiers had healed up properly.

I put some bacitracin on it and put somethng over that so the momma couldnt lick it off. Should i be worried? What should i do if it doesnt heal?

2. Sounds To Me Like It Is Just A Little Hernia From The Umblicial Cord Being Taken Off Wrong From The Mother Just Keep Doing What You Are Doing And If It Doesnt Improve Just Take Him To The Vet And They Will Fix Him Right Up For Ya.it Is Very Common To See In A Couple Of Pups In Your Litter.but If You Dont Take Care Of It It Can Turn Into A Big Mess So Saty On Top Of It