1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy Growth?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by APBT, Feb 8, 2005.

1. APBT

APBT Big Dog

If i'm not mistaking don't pit bulls grow pretty slow, Slower than other breeds? Because when i see all these pictures of am staffs they are about 20lbs at 6 weeks!!! :eek:

2. Vador

Vador Big Dog

Yea my pit is only 30 pounds currently at almost 6 months...I believe some grow tall and skinny then bulk by 1 to 2 years old...but I could be wrong

3. buddylee04

buddylee04 Banned

yea my dog is 6 months and is about late 30s early 40s in weight

4. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Puppies tend to grow much faster if fed a high-calorie puppy food, as opposed to adult chow. With adult food, the dog will still reach maximum growth, but at a slower pace. I've had dogs hit more than 3/4 of their maximum growth at 6 months, while others just seem to take forever to grow.

5. dora

dora Big Dog

i seriously dought 20lbs at 6 weeks with the standards of akc

6. waters

waters Big Dog

i think it depends on the dog. most of my pits had long legs and where tall and skinny and then bulked up around a year old.