1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy and bees

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by koening, Jun 24, 2007.

1. koening

koening Top Dog

I got a 2 week old litter of pups, and one of them was bitten by a bee on the neck. What should i do ? The neck was very pumped up , but the swelling cooled out, and now he has a scar mark , i think it's from scratching. Any advice ?

2. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Most people say Children's Benedril...I'm not sure the dosage though....most vets will tell you how much to give though.

3. koening

koening Top Dog

thx, i'll try it .

4. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

LMAO!BITTEN by a bee?I'm not trying to be an ass,I know what you meant,but for some reason that just really made me laugh.As far as the pup,I would call avet or maybe someone with a little more experience in the field can help you out.Im not going to open my mouth when it comes to dog that young.

5. koening

koening Top Dog

well i never seen something like that before either, and i could only quess it was a bee. i just wanted to hear someones opinion, because the vets in my area are not that ... how should i say it.. not fond off pit's.

6. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

LOL,bee's dont bite,they sting.I see it alot ,nosey dog sniffing in places they shouldt be and getting stung on the head by bee's or wasps.

7. koening

koening Top Dog

sting, that's right , sorry it just didn't struck me, sorry for the mistakes :">

8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

The pups should be inside where outdoor insects, predators, & the elements cannot affect them.