1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy Age/Weight Charts?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Kay, May 5, 2005.

1. Kay

Kay Big Dog

Ok...I have a question. Does anyone keep logs on their pups weight into adulthood? I have been looking for some type of chart to estimate what a pup will weigh as a dog. For example, the growth rate of a dog that matured to 50 pounds or so. I have found weight/age charts for other breeds, but I can't find anything on ours, I'm guessing because we have so many variations in size.

2. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

I have kept 3 monthly weight charts on 3 different dogs starting from 5-6 weeks of age. I'll say this much they are very interesting, many changes in weight and surprisingly all 3 actually went down in weight towards the end. The oldest out of those 3 is 17 months, the others are 12 months and 10 months. Still not done since they are under 2 years of age but it was amazing to see how the weight goes down when you switch from puppy to adult food. They get alot leaner and cut after 12 months it seems, atleast for some others i've seen so far.

3. Kay

Kay Big Dog

Interesting, thank you, any way you could post them?

4. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Sure, give me a sec, I know where 2 are.

5. Kay

Kay Big Dog

Cool, if you have a problem posting it here, feel free to email it to me.
    Thank You

6. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

First is my blue male Pharoah.

7 weeks / 10lbs
    10 weeks / 17lbs
    3 m / 25lbs
    4 m / 35lbs
    5 m / 40lbs
    6 m / 48lbs
    7 m / 50lbs
    8 m / 56lbs
    9 m / 55lbs
    10 m / 60lbs
    11 m / 63lbs
    12 m / 63lbs
    13 m / 60lbs
    14 m / 58lbs
    15 m / 58lbs
    16 m / 55lbs

Keep in mind I switched from puppy food to adult at 12 months of age. After that he steadily lost puppy fat and became much leaner on his own. He actually looks bigger right now than when he weighed more because of all his muscle definition showing. His head and body filled out alot after 12 months also.
    Here is a pic at 5 m / 40lbs, then 12 m / 63lbs, then 14 m , 58lbs, now he's 55lbs but looks much better. I will post a current pic this week.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2005
  7. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

This is my orange-fawn female "ZuZu"

6 weeks / 12lbs
    7 weeks / 14lbs
    10 weeks / 24lbs
    13 weeks / 35lbs
    4 m / 44lbs
    5 m / 56lbs
    6 m / 64lbs
    7 m / 72lbs
    8 m / 78lbs
    9 m / 75lbs
    10 m / 72lbs
    11 m / 69lbs
    12 m / 65lbs

Here she is at 6 weeks / 12lbs, then 8 months / 78lbs, then 12 m / 65lbs
    She was always the biggest in the litter but now she is looking real nice, don't worry about her big size growing up, when you see her new pics i'm going to post up you'll think she is a different dog. For her I changed to adult food at 10 months, you can see the change in weight.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2005
  8. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

I like to just let the dog grow then when I switch to the adult food I start working them and getting them lean, while they are puppies I don't care how they look, I just feed em. I am surprised at how quick their weight can increase and decrease in just a couple weeks just by the type of food. I'm liking how they look now alot more then when they were young and chubby, when I get a chance to get these pics from this new camera you'll be surprised at how different they look now. Check this out, that orange-fawn female that used to be big looking now looks just like this blue female "DIASHAE" if not better, talk about change! I'll post her up this week

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2005
  9. badger

badger Big Dog

thanx for the info, pretty cool information and nice lookin dogs!!

10. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

kind of looks as if months 7,8,9 was winter weight

11. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Your right, that was in the winter. She was pretty big at first, but now i'm glad all that puppy fat is gone, she's looking mean now.

12. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

that's cool.

13. Kay

Kay Big Dog

Hey thanks that's really cool. Isn't it funny how one day you look at your pup and he's not a pup anymore?? LOL

14. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

yeah they grow like weeds seems like just yesterday nappy peeked that lil head out the back pack and yawned at me now he is huge and still yawning at me

15. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

Kay I Just Got A New Puppy So Im Going To Keep Track Of Her Wait.

16. Kay

Kay Big Dog

Cool Gremlin :)
    Did you post a thread about her?

17. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

The Only Thing I Posted About Her Was About Teeth I Had An Idea That She Was About 3wks But Was Not Sure And Last Night I Took Her To The Vet He Said I Was Right.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2005
  18. Kay

Kay Big Dog

awwww, well I wish you the best with her. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing updates.

19. Kay

Kay Big Dog

P.S. Tell us about her! How'd you get her, is she an apbt? :D

20. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

I Have Some Pics Of Diamond Have To Down Load Them. The Next Apbt I Got I Wanted To Rescue So I Got Her From The Shelter. At THREE Weeks She Is 3.07 Puonds. Will Keep U Up Dated And Get Those Pics Posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2005