1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dunlap, May 25, 2007.

1. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

I just wanted to see at what age some of y'all start switching your pups to adult dog food.

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

In the past, I've always switched at 1 year. Now I feed an all-stages food. :)

3. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

I start switching at about 10 months but I'm wanting to "rush things" and get off of the pup food now lol. What brand has the "all stages" food?

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Specifically, Canidae. I've heard it said, though, that most of the high-quality foods can be fed at any age.

5. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

What about Diamond High Performance? "I think that's the name of the food I buy...

6. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I haven't fed the last 2 or 3 dogs I have had puppy food. A premium dog food that is all life stages is much better. In my opinion, if the foods were well balanced in the first place, they wouldn't need all the variations; puppy, senior, and so on. They have to rely on variations because it saves them money.

7. Honestly I switched my pup at 4 months to all stages canidae... She looks good and does great on it..... Why is it that all of the shit brands have puppy food and quality brands do not? Is puppy food even necissary?

8. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't know if Diamond would qualify as an all-stages food. Not saying its a bad food, but from my experience, its not on par with the really good foods. Canidae, Timberwolf, Nature's Variety, Solid Gold, Innova, Wellness, etc etc etc.

9. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I don't feed puppy food I feed all life stages

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

No longer feed "puppy" formulas.

11. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

I agree with not feeding puppy food and just feeding a high quality all life stages food. Not that this relates to APBT, but I've read in several studies (can't find them right now) that the high amounts of calcium, etc in puppy formulas make the large breed pups grow too fast and cause joint and bone issues down the road.

12. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I don't feed puppy food & I sure as heck don't feed Diamond Hi-Energy. That crap is poison! :mad: