1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pup

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by switty, Nov 10, 2010.

1. switty

switty Pup

im after a sporting/irish stafford from working lines,can anyone help?thanks oh by the way im in england

2. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Visit english sites like the Aces, IKC, SACS etc

3. blanch

blanch Big Dog

be patient and do your research mate,Aces,ikc and sacs are into athletic show dog's as opposed to 'sporting' dogs.

and irish staffs usually just a code-word for staff type mutt so be careful.

4. tamthebam

tamthebam Big Dog

You have just as much chance getting a GOOD ONE FROM A SHELTER AS YOU HAVE FROM SO CALLED REPUTABLE BREEDERS IN MY OPINION!

5. switty

switty Pup

i dont want to get my fingers burned thats why i joined this site,hope you lads could point me in the right direction

6. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

This might not be the right place to ask a question with the term "Irish Staf". Visit the suggested boards, spend some time, find a few dogs that you like and perform well in the activities they organize and then approach and ask for any breedings they might plan etc.

7. rikjd

rikjd Pup

do your research and find a line you like the look of, itll be worth the effort in the end and be prepared to sift through a lot of shit on the way.

8. switty

switty Pup

thanks folks,hope i choose wisely

9. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

you got it right rikjd be patiant swiffty its all in doing your homework
    7 being prepared to bide your time

10. switty

switty Pup

still looking boys,

11. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

i'm a bit confused here. you want an Irish stafford cause you are in Ireland? there's no such thing as Irish stafford, just a another name for people to get away with things (a lot of people may differ on this), or dogs of english bloodline exported to Ireland and kept legit as they were and are suppose to be. you either get an english blood stafford bred in UK or somewhere else or something mixed with god knows what nomatter what part of the world you are in, so it should be your decision what you want. you also have the option of choosing between short legged or tall legged, make sure you choose something worth representing the staffords of the past in all departments.
    dont be afraid to ask questions. several years ago i did not know what i know and who i know now. i simply asked a shitload of questions and traveled to see what i was getting.

12. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

12gauge you are right their mate its all about doing your homework being patiant & picking the right dog may it be on lines or what your looking for . what have you found out anyway in the last few weeks of looking or what have you got in mind smitty

13. switty

switty Pup

i dont want no bow legged show shit,i want an athletic sporting staff from working lines.where work was put before looks.im a beginer with bull breeds so excuse me ignorance

14. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

as said before do your homework , go to a few shows ask for advice on this forum & make a decision on what your going for or mabee start looking through the staffordshire bull terriers rescue centers they are up & down the country & always looking for a good home for theyre rescued dogs they will always give you alot of good advice on the dog your rescueing , believe me their is a lot of good dogs out their looking to be looked after , let us know how you get on in your search good luck