1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

proper staffs

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by jacko, Nov 26, 2010.

1. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

don't pretend to know anything about my dogs

2. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

I was being polite in saying that you have good dogs that probably act right but have not been tested. I don't know why you'd take offence towards that remark, or do you have ambullies on your yard?

3. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

newschooldogman, behave yourself, you know full well these chinese dogs have been infused with british bull blood, hong kong was a colonial outpost of Britain , from the days of empire up until recently…these dogs are not a secret, and neither is their british bull blood…..now stop this shar pei nonsense.

4. homer39

homer39 Banned

were would the english pit dog be if the romans did not invade lol

5. bandog billy

bandog billy Big Dog

>>>>> .now stop this shar pei nonsense <<<<<<< :D couldnt agree more wit ya

6. blanch

blanch Big Dog

yeah i'd guess them shar pei's have bulldog blood somewhere down the line.
    interesting stuff.

7. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Lets not forget the dogs that were brought over and traded by the Phoenician Traders. Dogs like bull mastiffs(used as war dogs) and prick eared hunting dogs etc all brought over before 3000 BC.IMO these are the dogs that had the greatest bearing and influence on modern dogs,long before the various kennel clubs got their hands on them and created nothing more than mutants. A lot of these early dogs from whatever the region you could find had the same looks as a lot of bull breeds today.

8. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

You like guessing games!? Kids do that. Day dream about my dogs all you like :)

9. Blanco

Blanco Big Dog

Best answer in this thread

10. riffraff

riffraff Pup

same as the tosa that is more british than japanese as the original dogs were not upto scratch so got at least 2 british dogs in them

11. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Actually, the shar pei predates the colonial periods and the shar pei has been utilized in fights long before the brits invaded. Would you make the claim that the now extinct olde english bulldogge of old having british bull blood in them? The shar pei is actually a breed that predates the bull terrier type dogs. As for "behaving myself," have I said anything offensive? I was merely sharing information of other breeds bred for gameness. This is gamedog afterall and I possess a fondness for the breeds of yesteryear that have proven themselves within the gladiatorial and honorable pit contests, including the apbt, staffordshire bull terrier, the shar pei, and the bull terrier type dogs of old.

12. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

I could careless what you have on your yard nor would I waste my time guessing :)

13. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

The Tosa is a distinctly japanese breed, however the tosa does possess mastiff blood. According to someone I've spoken to on a Tosa board, the native fighting dogs were crossed and created in order to compete with the western breeds. This is because their akita dogs pailed in comparison with the foreign dogs and thus, they sought to breed a dog that reflects the Japanese samurai and sumo mentality of being silent, noble, and a strong physical wrestler. They accomplished this by crossing in mastiffs, bull terriers, and bulldogs into the akita and shikoku dog. The breed's development was finished during the early 1900s.

14. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

you blabber about a sharpei having more heart than my dogs, and you wonder how that's offensive? And you call yourself a dogman??? That sounds more like a fisherman than a dogman

15. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

LOL why are you assuming? I merely stated the dogs would give you a run for your money. Are you really that insecure about your dogs? As for the fisherman or dogman comment, let's just say there are some fish out there that'll give you a fight ;)

16. supertank

supertank Big Dog

I read shar pei needed a lot of intensive training and stimulants to persuade them to fight. Fighting was not in their nature they were once a family and farm dog.

17. bandog billy

bandog billy Big Dog

:rolleyes: in fact,re-read your post again to see what utter nonsense you wrote. And i very much doubt that tosas were ever "created" to fight other dogs

18. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

the tosa ken how they are called in Japan are akitas bred to great danes, mastiffs, pointers and bull dogs and the only purpose they were created for was to fight, because pure akitas didnt compare to european fighting breeds

19. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

LOLOL oh boy, someone needs a history lesson in the Tosa Inu. The Tosa Inu was specifically bred because their previous champion, the akita inu, could not compare with the western breed. Their very purpose of existence is for combat. Now as for the "utter nonsense" that I wrote, would you proclaim that the "American" Pitbull Terrier is a British or Irish breed? The Tosa is indeed a distinct Japanese breed with mastiff, bulldog, and bull terrier blood infused in them. They were bred by selecting the best Akitas from the Akita prefecture, the Shikokus from the best hunters, and various local Japanese fighting dogs in the Honshu Islands and then infused into the mastiffs, bulldogs, and bull terriers that were introduced to Japan. If what I wrote is nonsense, then perhaps the "American" bulldogs and the "American" pitbull terriers shouldn't be considered American either then huh? :rolleyes:

20. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Those dogs were the ancestors of the shar pei, not the shar peis themselves. Similarly in the development of the bull terrier type dogs utilized for combat, their ancestors were first used as vermin killers, then hunters, and then progressed on towards baiting contests and then finally the sport of dogmatching.