1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Producers

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ohpitbulls, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

please you know damn well if you had anything close enough to dead game as you could get, you would take a chance & base your whole damn yard off it lol

2. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

learn as much as you can about dominant, and recessive traits, especially if you at any point consider breeding any two animals.

3. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

the longer you try and more advanced in this whole scheme you go, you see that yes thats among the first, but that has came from way back, now you have to think about ability stamina wind etc, then its all about consistancy and production,and preservation, most hounds have that game trait from way back, however if the ability fails or the stamina fails it could quit for those reasons alone

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

well yea of course but the fact is if you were lucky enough to get a dog that you found was dead game or close to it you would (i would too so i aint bashin) go apeshit and breed the balls off it lol

5. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yes i think some folks probably, definately should, you know with all the show lines out there the dogs are bred to look a certain way n not be a certain way, but i think it would take too many generations to get all the bs out of the gene pool, my question would be if it was even possible

6. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

My opinion if a dog has not proved to be game it's not game a cold/curr dog should not be bred no mater who well bred he is .

7. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

great point, can anybody explain what dominant and recessive traits are ? An how you can use these traits as a breeding tool ?

Jd

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

yeah YOU dont know if he is game but that doesnt mean he isn't. Im not saying breed untested dogs. Im simply answering a question truthfully. How do some untested dogs produce? If Buck was never match he still would've produced. Why bc eventhough he would have been untested he would still be game. Sometimes people get lucky. I wouldnt waste my time tryin to get lucky but fact is it can and does happen from time to time.

9. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

^^^^ bump :cool:

10. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

not quite. sure i'd keep him around and breed him a bit but idk about breeding his balls off. first i'd like to know why it is he got beatup so bad. they should all be gamedogs, but what good is a yard full of dogs that just get their ass kicked?

11. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

I thought this tread would get some hits from them old timers thats been doing this for 20-30years.

12. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Dead game dogs don't quit. That's why they end up dead.

13. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

its all circumstantial period, its who owns the dogs, you just gotta know what clicks, you wont find some dog that can just throw fire all the time and preserve that trait throughout the generations, look at jocko he couldnt produce a ch without redboy in it, look at jeep he made rom in his lifetime because good dogmen had his offspring crenshaw garrett white etc, they knew how to click them together. some kids say man thats a game dog because that dog crawled or rolled across the line,bullshit Id say to anyone that can say that name 5, they wouldnt or they would name some historical dog off because if that were to happen it would be historical, its all about who has the dogs, and most folks dont understand that a pup is a pup till 2 n a half to 3 yrs, theyll get some hot actin pup n run its feet off not even knowin whats mature or not n theyll breed it, most of the best dogs ever to look thru a collar came from bein on a chain most of its life because alot of others run around piss in the house or fuk someones shit up and get beat up for it

14. mfern004

mfern004 Big Dog

Thank you! At least he's honest about it.

How many people here can honestly say they've had dogs that were dead game? (rhetorical question, don't answer it) Probably not too many. They're supposed to be gamedogs. You don't breed hard bitting curs and then try to add gameness. You're supposed to breed your dogs for gameness and then breed to other GAME dogs that you feel will pass on traits that improve what you've got. If all you really care about is producing winners, even if they're not game, then you're in it for the money not the dogs.

15. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I breed to get winners. i really don't care to know how game my dog is. My plan for each dog is hope he is so good that gameness is never a factor. Game enough is good for me. You will go broke fast with just worrying about gameness alone. i will breed a cold dog and depending on the dog or situation I would even breed to one that quit. So far I am lucky enough to of never bred one that quit yet but I wouldn't rule it out.

16. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Game enough to win. Good point! There is more than one way breed good dogs, but people don't want to hear it. I personally would not breed this way, but it has worked plenty of times. I go by what this motto "what do you have when the offspring of that talented, hard biting cur don't have the same ability? A cur." Breed gamedogs the rest will come. This is what I was taught. Luckily for us there are talented gamedogs.

17. mfern004

mfern004 Big Dog

While that may be working well for you, I disagree with that approach to breeding. But I do realize gameness alone isn't going to get you that far. Of course I'd want a total package, but so does everybody else.

18. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

magnoilaotis, you are breeding for the money then?

19. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

my apologies magnoilaotis,....i meant, wardogkennels.

20. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I have only made one breeding and never sold a pup. Read my post closer and then say that. Just an example of what I was trying to say is dibo and his sons. No one ever claimed Dibo to be deadgame, but he produced. If you argue with that point you need to do some homework. His son spike made bad moves in his matches that went long enough for them to show up. He was game enough, but not deep game. These two basically changed the whole dog world.