1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Problem Barking

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by dhcrew, May 8, 2005.

1. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

i have this female who was dropped off at my house......dont know how she is bred, no papers, dont even think or know for sure if she is a mutt, but i took her in thinking i could find a home for her, however, she is a problem barker, i have already been in trouble 3 times for this dogs barking.....i cannot place her now due to the fact that i do not trust her any longer....(she will attack kids through sliding glass doors, while behind the glass, but whenever she has been around the kids she doesnt pay them any attention, she will also snap at them through her kennel walls) i have not allowed her to ever be loose around the kids since the first time this happened. i cannot take her to the pound because i took responsibility for her when i took her in and it goes against everything i believe in.....i need to know if there is anyone willing to try to work with her, i have tried everything, anti bark collars, boxes, water, ect. and nothing has worked.........i think i am probly going to have to put her down, but i wanted to see if anyone has any ideas first.

2. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

She's obviously showing signs of human aggression. The answer to the problem, is to put her down.

3. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

thats what i think also, my husband disagrees with me but he really doesnt understand the pit bull, the dogs are my thing, i have already made arrangements to have her put down on wednesday but for my hubbys sake i had to ask. for some odd reason he likes this dog........i on the other hand cant stand her simply because i dont trust her at all.

4. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

Made arrangements? Take her out back and do the job.

5. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Any dog who shows aggression to people for no reason is a bullet waiting make its way at someone. You'll actually being saving someone from being hurt down the line by having it let down, it could be a cool dog but tell that to the person it will bite. I'm a little worried for your kids, try to act quickly if you can, for your familiy's sake. Good luck

6. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

First of all I have a 2 year old son, IF ANY DOG EVER GROWLED, ACTED LIKE IT WANTED TO BITE HIM, SHOWED ITS TEETH, or WHATEVER IT WOULD BE DEAD WHERE IT STOOD...Now thats the bottom line. PERIOD. How can you honestly keep a dog around your children, for even another minute after it tried to attack them trough a glass door??? What if that door wasnt there??? There is no way in hell I would keep that dog around for any reason. That dog sounds like a loose cannon...Keeping a dog like that around is like playing russian rolutte(sp)....You never know when it will go off..Now I love my dogs and all, BUT my son comes before any of the dogs. IF that had been me in that situation and that dog tried to attack my child thorough a door or whatever..It would of got jerked up and took on a long walk, and I would be the only one walking back...PERIOD. And I wish my husband would tell me he liked the dog and wanted to keep it around, even after it tried to attack our child..He would get taken out on a long walk also..LOL..Seriously I have ZERO tolerance for a dog that tries to attack kids..I dont care what breed it is..they should be dead where they stand after the first time. I just dont see how anyone could keep a dog that is even "iffy" around kids...Maybe I just care to much about my child's and other peoples children's safety..Ok I got to end this reply I am getting hot just even thinking about it..But DHCrew I hope you did the right thing and put this dog down....ASAP for your childs sake..

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2005
    HighRoller likes this.
  7. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

My feelings exactly!

8. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

Tab i agree with you, we had her here for a few months before she did this or anything even resembling this, and she was ok with the kids, i keep a tight reign on my kids when around my dogs and nothing ever came up, this happened when i started letting her loose in the yard when we were inside, the first time she did it, i was surprised and to see if it was a freak thing i repeated it several times over the next few days, it continued and she has been kept in a kennel run separate from my kids ever since, she has ABSOLUTELY no contact with my kids and hasnt for months since i found this behaviour....before this happened i was evaluating her for placement ever since this happened, i have kept her away from my kids but hung on to her for my husband who didnt think it was that serious, he never listens to me. she will be put down this week, i just wanted to make sure i was doing the right thing. and for you others, if i had a gun i would indeed take her out and shoot her, but i do not, so it is off to the inhumane society since they only charge $25.00 to PTS a dog and they dont ask too many questions.thank you guys though for the assurance i needed to know i was doing the right thing.

9. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

You are finally doing the right thing. It should have been done the FIRST time it happened. Now for the husband......

10. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

Okay, thats what I'm talking about. I would never take or even think about working with a dog that would bite my little brother, or anyone else. I don't even know why you would even think about trying to put this man biter off on someone else to deal with. Since the dog is your responsibility, its your reponsibility to put this dog down and make sure no one gets hurts. Even though it hurts, you can't save all dogs, but at least you can save your self from risking another "pitbull mualing" story.

1 of the dumbest things a person can do is cross the pitbull with other breeds. Maybe thats why most people don't know what the pitbull looks like, and it could be why there are so many so called pitbull attacks

11. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

Ok I have to ask this..I am not trying to be rude or anything like that, BUT what if a neighborhood Child came on your property and was like "oh look its a cool doggy" went up the cage and maybe let the dog out, or even stuck his hand in there with the dog..Then you would have the cops, a lawsuit, and more than an angry parent on your ass, And yet another "killer pit bull" story on the news.. My question is why would you even attempt to keep this dog around?? Now i know there are people out there that try and "rehibiltate(sp)" these types of dogs or whatever BUT why risk the precious life or un neccasary injury to a child? And I know there are people who are going to say "well the parents of that neighborhood child should have been watching him/her better" Well thats true to an extent..BUT kids will be kids, and kids wonder off and get into things they arent supposed to..thats part of growing up..Hell I know when I was a kid I got into things I shouldnt have..All kids do it..Hey my 2 year old(terrible 2's LOL) gets into EVERYTHING...perment markers, just the other day he got a bottle of baby oil and poored it all over his head!! I was in the same room with him, fixing him something to drink, I turn around and there he is covered in baby oil..LOL took me days to get it out of his hair..BUT anyways all I am saying is I couldnt sleep at night knowing I had a dog like that on my property that could harm someone's child..

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2005
  12. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

And we all know how people LOVE to stop in and take pups from DH's yard without her knowing..

which leads to my next question DH. How come you werent aware of your city/town/township/village where ever you live's laws concerning how many adult dogs you may have in your possesion?? To me, that's part of the responsible dog ownership program because that means whatever you breed, you know you will not be able to keep...

13. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

100% true, kids will get into things, as an responsible adult you have to make sure nothing like that can ever happen. Even if you have to do the deed of putting the dog down

14. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

AMEN!! NO DOUBLE AMEN ON THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

15. GrCh_Jeff

GrCh_Jeff Big Dog

if my dog,as much as i love him acted like that i would shoot him between the eyes.either take it out back or to the pound.

16. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

My question is if you think the dog is a mutt and it is aggresive towards people why even question keeping the cur? After this and other posts that I have read by you I can't believe you breed dogs.

17. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

again tab i totally agree with you, i think i felt sorry for her at first, i wouldnt even have taken her in, but the guy who kept one of babygurls very first pups had her also and had some HUGE things happen in his life ( i wont give details, but VERY HUGE BAD THINGS) and asked me to take them both and try to place them together, well this was easy with babygurls pup, he stayed here he and all the others will always have a home here, but i didnt like her from the moment i saw her, she has that "look" that just screams instability....i dont know what i was thinking, i should have known she was unstable the second i saw the "cur lip" at one of my other dogs....i didnt have the heart to do what i needed to do....even though i should have....as for kids getting to her kennel, it is not possible i made sure of it from the beginning. you are all right and i was indeed trying to "rehabilitate" her, but it was indeed a mistake.....i just hate to see the products of other peoples ignorance.....as an example, the people who sold this dog to my friend (before he knew me) told him that her sire was an AMSTAFF, and her mother was a "REDNOSE" she is a BYB mistake and it makes me wonder how all the other pups in this litter came out, on top of everything else i didnt mention my friend brought her to me BRED she had 4 pups here and 2 are dead, my mentor has one (as a house pet, spayed, and another friend has the other.....also altered) i didnt appreciate that in the least.......this dog has been a total nightmare........first thing in the morning my best friend and i are taking her down, right now she is locked in my bathroom so she is quiet for once..... this is such a mess... :(

18. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

well rocksteady i knew the laws in the city limits, and didnt know i was out of them, you have to realize, not only did we just move into this house, but RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET IS THE CITY LIMITS also as i have stated, i have a city kennel liscense which states i am a working kennel with no limit and also states all the rules i must follow, but over on this side of the street that doesnt matter, i would have been able to get a kennel liscence approved by my neighbors, however now that this dog has driven them all crazy i have one who wont sign the release so now im screwed.

and whats with the attitude in that previous statement, you have never had people steal any dogs from you...i know im not the only person in the world this has happened to. ooohhh thats right...im sorry, you are perfect and your yard is perfect.......forgive me....LOL i realize that mistakes cannot be taken lightly in this breed, but jeez.....

19. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

thats ok scots......as i have said a ton of times, i have learned alot on this board, and quite a few of my views have changed since i first came on here.....and you are entitled to your own opinion.....as are we all....it was still a free country last time i checked....at least in most places.....

20. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

i really didnt start this thread to begin another bashing session, im not interested in an arguement.....i just needed to know i was thinking the right way finally and doing the right thing even if a little late.......thats all......sometimes an outside opinion on the described behaviour of a dog is very helpful....im sitting here making excuses because i know her past, but none of you do therefore i needed objective opinions...and i thank you for those....good night all and tomorrow...problem solved.