1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Price of unproven dogs

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Wood23, Dec 19, 2009.

1. gameone

gameone Big Dog

Would you rather have one off a cur or an unproven dog?And if your not there how do you know its proven?

2. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

i agree with what he is saying:rolleyes:

3. gameone

gameone Big Dog

Would you rather one off of a cur or an unproven dog?If you werent there how do you know its proven?Just because peds on line says its proven with titles dont cut it in the real world.Try to know who your dealing with and be perpared to pay.Not big money sometimes but something.Belive me the ones pulling there hands out of there pockets with cash will be getting something better then the ones with hands out looking for a feebie.
    Ill say this the people that did/do buy pups for big money 1k-2500 will be looking to make that back off there dog.Proven or not..I know first hand this happends with a few people out there.Dog stops one day but the next time he's unstopable lol or a peds on line winner/ch rom por w/e.IMHO people should be proven before the dogs.The game is a gamble if you pay big money be prepared to lose big money.Dont look stupid when that hi dollar dog looks up at ya then take it home for a stud.What a man charges for a dog is his buiseness if someone is willing to pay for it.But I blame the buyer for not doing the right thing when they dont work out.The sad thing is it will never stop either.

4. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

People should be proven before the dogs. That is probaly the best line I've read all day. Sound advice.

5. duckmike

duckmike Big Dog

I would always expect to pay more for a dog with proven blood-lines and from a breeder with a track-record of selling quality I'm not going to say that this is the only criteria for buying a dog, but price should not be neither.In the end once you get them home they all cost the same(food,vaccines collars etc) so you should always buy the best you can afford.And as far as bad-mouthing a guy for trying to make-a-buck Who The Hell Are You TO Say What Someone Else Should Do?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
  6. dogman82

dogman82 Pup

Buying a "LINE" is da name of da game now... Folks wanna buy from wat they read about and wat has that great history...which in fact thats wat it is "HISTORY". Just cuz they come from so and so and now kennel A has been breeding offspring they will pay dat money 4 em... Keep in mind that due to the history these dogs arent being checked in da least bit..

Now u got kennel B that has dogs off stuff u mite not even heard of but he is true to da breed and his attitude is "shit or get off da pot" concerning his yard...U still gonna have the majority call his yard B.S. cuz he sellin a few pups for little to nothin and go wit kennel A cuz they dogs have a "history" and from wats in they pedigree and pay out the azz only later to be let down probably.. Forgive me if i got off the subject but the price of an unproven dog to me is worth a Sack of Feed and a Handshake....

7. gameone

gameone Big Dog

Dogman82 so true and there is alot of them on here..Kennels A I mean..And will get insulted if you outted them and turn on ya with B.S just to make them look good.I would have no problem with them if they just came out and was up front about it but NO they make up lies and then after a while they belive the lie themselfs.Sad for the person who belives them....And Kennel A gets rom/por's ch gr chs from couch potatoes or ankle biters with never doing nothing..And they MAKE there dogs roms/or pors lol on the internet..There is now way to control it no more its outta control.
    Its a shame there isnt a place to out these kennels for what they are pet bull breeders.Which is cool with me if they are honest about it and up front!!But they charge extra for a pup cause of some old timer whos name is all up in the ped..

8. GemCityPits

GemCityPits Big Dog

This is the exact reason we have all these peddlers pushing unproven dogs, theres alot of under informed or mis-informed buyers that are willing to pay alot of money for the names and pretty peds without even looking at how the pups or parents act, the less the buyers know... the higher the prices get... and the quality gets lost in the shuffle all over a dollar...jmo

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

exactly^^^^

10. phill

phill Top Dog

i couldn't agree with you more my self i do want to see dogs bred through mine in pulling compition i have no dought i'd be as proud as the conformation maybe even more