1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Price of unproven dogs

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Wood23, Dec 19, 2009.

1. yoel

yoel Big Dog

Where tell me...

2. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

i've tried looking for real dogmen in my area but have only come across wanna b bakyard breeders or even worst bully breeders.my uncle was friends wit a real dogman but he mved years ago.last my uncle heard he stopped wit the dogs n put all his time n money into gamecocks.thats his real passion.i remeber him n all his bulldogs when i was little bout 25-30yrs ago.it gets fustrating when i make a call or send an email n get no response.i do understand why,but still fustrating.im just trying to learn as much as i can n get a gud bulldog for a fair price.i do understand u get what u pay for but $800-1000 plus damn!!!!

3. AGame

AGame CH Dog

well also if u notice in these interviews with alot of dogmen they would purchase dogs with good peds but were only pets and have very good producing studs as has been said uncountable times a good dog is where u find it and i honestly agree with that

4. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

trust me just know where to look ...im seeing them between 300-600 all day long from some the best bloodlines out their . but then again all depends on the person & what u want...like i said my friend wanted the highest % ped stat of a floyd dog he could get ....he found it 87.5% floyd for 5,000 ....lol wtf ....not me !!!! :rolleyes:

5. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

The only way to beat the prices is from the inside. The only way to be a dog man, is to be a dog man, there are no shortcuts. If you believe a 5000. dog will make you a dogman you will not believe it for long. But if you dedicate yourself to these dogs and those that own them, dogs will become available to you that you could'nt buy at any price.

6. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I wouldn't take a tight breed dog off unproven parents and grandparents if I was given money to. Bloodlines are only worth the standards of the one looking at them. A good testing program is worth ten times the value of pretty papers. Pretty is as pretty m$$her Fu$@ing does.

7. bdub

bdub Top Dog

i never have given more than free!

8. bdub

bdub Top Dog

why dont you come onover and see how much of a broke ass freeloader i am!

9. Wood23

Wood23 Big Dog

Take it easy fellas just a thread not a boxing match:D

10. bdub

bdub Top Dog

well its all good,this guy doesnt know me and i dont know him.pretty sure he a decent guy.so ,i have never paid for a dog that i dont know how its going to be,all the ones i have had, i did get for free cos im not going to pay for something that i dont how its gong to turn out. i dont see the problem here

11. Wood23

Wood23 Big Dog

I was the same way when my old man started introducing me to all he buddies, after a while people were calling me telling me to come pick up pups left and right. So there is nothing wrong with accepting a free dog with a string attached. I think its fined get a pup for free, give 2 back when u breed it, sounds fair.

12. bdub

bdub Top Dog

i agree,if it ever gets bred,it would have to prove it first though

13. Wood23

Wood23 Big Dog

Oh most definitely

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

thats all i get is free dogs!

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

the only time i would pay for a dog is if im buying a proven dog.

16. Patchwork

Patchwork Big Dog

With all the idiots today, it is easy for people to sell them for so much. I haven't paid for a dog in 3 years...and I believe I honestly have some nice dogs. You get what you pay for, but sometimes the bill says FOOL

17. Maruccio

Maruccio Banned

range 300-500 dollars for pup.
    for adult depend for titles. range from 1500 to 7-8.000 dollars. maybe in some cases 10.000 for a extra titled (gr ch ) who show high qualityes on breeding.

18. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

my litter before last i sold 4 at 100 a piece,the last one a gave 2 away with no strings (just imfo) and kept 3.i have dogs id consider worth 5000 i wouldent sell for 10.000.all my first stock were adults all under1000.i wouldent pay more then 400 for any pup.i pride my dogs for myself and just dont believe in breeding for money and im not sure ill ever sell or buy again every thing i will need is already in my yard.latey ive seen fools buying 500$+ pups that werent near quality as adults but from well known lines.as long as people seek these lines that any fool can buy and breed and use the line to sell it self mostly.i hear things like t.g having selling pups that are hand pics to known people and selling unwanteds to any one,the anyones breeding them like crazy producing lame dogs for cash.i see these pups for sale all over,in my opion why would you want to breed or buy pup from a line that every one else is?the real money should be based on the breeder and the dogs in his yard not the line itself jmo

19. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

a dog, regardless of its origins is worth exactly what some one is willing to pay. Same thing with cars, real estate, etc...etc...If all dog buyers bought dogs from respected kennels, honest dog men and from proven dogs it would weed out the mills and peddlers based purely on capitalism. But, when that peddler gets his hands one a pretty papered dog from that proven kennel/proven stock and then offers it to that third party who is willing to pay $$$$...sort of snow balls from there..
    Believe it or not dogs from proven parents and proven kennels are usually cheaper than the pedllers.

20. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

i agree if a breeder knows your a good dogman or dogwoman he will dam near give you a dog