1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-Keep Questions

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by THELIONSDEN, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jason r

jason r Big Dog

not here to bust your balls, i was just curious how you came up with the stats.have talked to many castillo breeders,including tekla,and have never heard of a 40lb. castillo, let alone a razors edge mutt being 40lbs. at 15 months of age.

2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you said "Razors Edge mutt"......;)

3. jason r

jason r Big Dog

that is what they are right?:)

4. Im Not Not Even Gonna Waste My Time With U Brother.Not Here To Start Any Drama,Just To Get Some Help And Advise.Thank U And Like They Say If Your Not Gonna Say Anything Nice Dont Say Anything At All.

5. All he is saying...is that if you dont have PROOF or VALIDITY of your dog's lineage, and the dog was purchased from a breeder with....less than impressive ethics (dishonest).....how can you publically declare that your dog is any certain percentage of any particular bloodline ? It doesn't make sense.

6. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

Who gives a rip how the dog is bred. Just help the dude with his questions or dont. As far as the pads go, those products will help keep them together. You could also use Linseed oil first to condition the pads, and keep them supple so they dont dry out. Pick a program and stay with it. With the Red Cell, my dogs were never crazy about it so if she doesn't like it, dont worry about it.

7. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, I will inject my .02 in several places here.

First, I have always done a pre-keep differently than what others here are doing. We cut the feed for two weeks to bring the dog down, with walking. This allows the dog to get allot of the fat off before the keep starts, gives the dog the "eye of the tiger", and prepairs it for keep. In keep we pour the feed on, and hydrate the dog very well. we dont feed at night, we feed about 30 min after workout(after the warm down and rub). We have used the tuff coat type products with great success.

As to the fella asking you how your dog is bred, I believe he was trying to tell you that if your gona hang papers on a dog, you could have picked better lines, acording to how your dog looks. Anyone with half a brain knows that when you tell them those lines, you have hung papers. That's what the deal is.

Now, hung papers or not, I really dont give a flip, but I do hope your not going to breed her and hang papers on the pups. If you do, then you are worse than the scumbag who ripped you off. It would be better for you to have no papers at all than to have hung papers, to me.

Now, you can take what I have said as jumping on you, or you can take it in the spirit in which I have typed this, to try and educate you, which is what you said your here for. And, BTW, your dog could lose 5-8 more pounds, and you would be about good, from what I saw in the pictures. As a matter of fact, you put the dog on the proper feed, and a good chain set up, and she'll get in better shape that she is in now. If all your doing is showing, and not anything else physical, I really dont see the point.

I have seen dogs on here that people have worked for 2 months and my dogs on a chain look better. I may come back later and post a photo to show you.

But, while your working the dog, whatch the eyes, you can tell allot about the shape of a dog by their eyes, when they began to not look full of life, I would get bloodwork, as the keep you mentioned is a game keep, and if everything isnt just right, you could do more harm than good to your dog.

Having said all of this, she is a nice looking dog, too bad you couldnt get the papers on her. I am sure that she is a great dog. Heck, I have had many that were not registered through the years, and many were exceptional.

Cheers!

misterdogman likes this.
  8. Thank U Guys, Havent Been On Here in A While Because I felt Like I Really Was'nt Getting Help. I Dont Plan To Breed My Girl And i Understand What U Saying About Her Not Having Papers And All, Honestly I Dont Care. She Is My Baby Girl And Thats All That Matters. She Is Done With Her Keep And She Looks Beautiful. I Will Be Showing Her In A Few Weeks And Hope She places And If Not Then It Dont Matter, It Was A Great Bonding Expirience. Thanks

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Some pics to compare would be sweet bro...Id like to see her.

10. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Bullseye!!![​IMG]

11. Finally Back After A While And The Results Were Great. She Took 2nd Place And Weighted In At Dead 40lbs. A Few Weeks After That Show She Placed 1st. So She Has Been Doing Good, Here Are The Pictures. Ohh Yeah And To Everybody Who Was Giving Me Advise Thank U And To Everybody Who Was Just Trying To Start Drama Thank U Too, U Could Have Been Trying To Help Me And Maybe I Took It The Wrong Way So Anyways Thanks. Ohh Yeah And By The Way My Girl Is The One On The Left Brown/White

[​IMG]

12. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

Congrats on your win, and for just enjoying quality time with your dog and having fun, papered or not.:D

13. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Correct me if I'm wrong but was that an Am Bully contest cause that dog in the background looks like one? Similar to ummm let's see ummm Remyline dog's.:cool:

14. Thank U And Yeah It Was A Great Bonding Experience.

15. Yes This Was A Bully Dog Show As Some May Call It And Yes That Is A Bully Dog In The Background But What Does That Have To Do With How My Girl Looks. Some One Asked For Before And After Pictures And I Posted Them Right?

16. shes lookign nice in that photo i i was u i would go u 40 aswell nice one:):):)

17. Thank You, I Guess :confused:

18. BigSmooth

BigSmooth Pup

Looking good Juan. Your girl is ripped up.

I'm on here to get info on ripping up Rambo. Peace out.

19. Southerncharm

Southerncharm Big Dog

Your dog is beautiful. ;)

20. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Congrats on the win.

(My dogs would never get that close to any dogs)