1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Poor Guy

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by BSK, Oct 18, 2009.

1. BSK

BSK Pup

I'd would like to choke the guy who made the comment at the bottom:DBSK Campaigners launch bid to save pit bull from being put down by court

Oct 16 2009 Oliver Farrimond
    A DOG is facing a death sentence - unless campaigners can persuade a court to let him go free.
    Craig Cunningham bought 12-week-old pup Leo thinking he was a Staffordshire bull terrier mongrel - but later found out he was a banned breed.
    Four-year-old Leo was confirmed by DNA tests as an American pit bull terrier.
    He has been taken by police and an Edinburgh court will decide his fate.
    More than 1500 people have signed the petition urging the police to free Leo, who was seized under the Dangerous Dogs Act.
    American pit bull terriers are one of four breeds of dog banned under UK law after a number of attacks on humans.
    But Cunningham, from North Fort Street, Leith, insisted Leo is a "beautiful dog".
    The 33-year-old said: "I cannot count the number of times I have been stopped by people, including the police, to be told he is a beautiful dog.
    "My house is totally empty without him. I live alone, so he is really my only companion.
    "I feel really numb about the whole thing - this is like losing a son to me."
    Children He added: "I have no idea where Leo has been taken."
    Friends and neighbours of Cunningham asserted that Leo is popular with local children, who sometimes rode on his back.
    As well as distributing petitions across Leith, campaigners have given out T-shirts to raise awareness of the dog's plight.
    Mike Flynn, SSPCA chief superintendent, said the case was "unfortunate".
    He said: "Anyone buying a pup from anywhere other than a registered breeder does so in the knowledge that their animal could be of an undetermined breed."
    A court spokesperson said Leo would be kept alive until a decision next month.
    Cunningham has been charged under the Dangerous Dogs Act, which can result in a £5000 fine or six months in jail.
    He added: "I have trained my dog and he knows I am in charge. I always have him on a lead and always use a muzzle, all as precautions.
    "He's very much a local celebrity around here."
    The campaign to save Leo has even gone online with a Facebook site.

<!-- End of three-col div --><!-- end of article -->
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> //<![CDATA[ //Configure console logger var fcwLogger = function(){}; if( tm.siteLife.logger != null){ fcwLogger = function(level){ tm.siteLife.logger.log(level, 'fullCommentsWidget', arguments); } fcwLogger('info','log enabled'); } (function(){ var sitelifeId = tm.siteLife.display.getUniqueId(); document.write(''); document.write('
    '); tm.siteLife.daapi.getArticle( "111-86908-21751331", function(article){ tm.siteLife.display.displayCommentCount( article, 'sitelife-commentsWidget-bottom', false, 'Users\' Comments', false ); } ); })();//call anonymous function gSiteLife.Comments( "ExternalResource", "111-86908-21751331", 10, "TimeStampAscending" ); var doScroll = false; function updateProfileLinks(commentsTable) { if(doScroll){ document.location.href=document.location.href.replace(/#.*/, '') + "#sitelife-comments-bottom"; } //get comment rows var commentsForm = $('.Comments_From') for (var cr = 0; cr < commentsForm.length; cr++ ) { try { //get username link on current comment row var profileUserNameLink = commentsForm[cr] .getElementsByTagName('A')[0]; //update username link profileUserNameLink.href = profileUserNameLink.href.replace( /community\/profile.*/, 'community/profile/' + profileUserNameLink.innerHTML + '/' ); //update avatar link $('.Comments_UserImage')[cr] .getElementsByTagName('A')[1].href = profileUserNameLink.href; //log update fcwLogger('info','updateProfileLinks(): updated ' + profileUserNameLink.innerHTML); } catch (err) { fcwLogger('error','updateProfileLinks(): error updating ' + profileUserNameLink.innerHTML, err); } } //now update pagination to re-triger this update var paginator = document.getElementById('Paginator'); if (paginator) { var paginatorLinks = paginator.getElementsByTagName('a'); for (var p = 0; p < paginatorLinks.length; p++ ) { /* Using an anonymous function ensures that the var 'onclickEvent' is bound to the old onclick event within the function scope of the new onclick event */ (function(){ var onclickEvent = paginatorLinks[p].onclick; paginatorLinks[p].onclick = function() { $('.Comments_Table')[0].className = '_Comments_Table'; onclickEvent() waitForSLContent(); return false; } })(); } } //If comments are loaded again we want to scroll top of comments doScroll = true; } function waitForSLContent() { //check for Comments_Table class var commentsTable = $('.Comments_Table'); if (commentsTable.length == 1) { updateProfileLinks(commentsTable[0]); } else { //check again in 1 second setTimeout('waitForSLContent()',1000); fcwLogger('info','waitForSLContent(): waiting for comments'); } } var rewriteProfileURLS = 0; if (rewriteProfileURLS) { $(document).ready(function () { /* need to update profile page urls to include username This needs to happen after the comments widget has finshed loading so we will check back every second to see if it has finished loading */ setTimeout('waitForSLContent()',1000); }); } //]]> </SCRIPT>Users' Comments (9)
    <INPUT id=ReportAbuse_Url type=hidden><INPUT id=ReportAbuse_Command type=hidden> Report item as: (required) X
    <SELECT id=ReportAbuse_Reason> <OPTION value="Obscenity or vulgarity" selected>Obscenity/vulgarity</OPTION> <OPTION value="Hate speech">Hate speech</OPTION> <OPTION value="Personal attack">Personal attack</OPTION> <OPTION value="Advertising or Spam">Advertising/Spam</OPTION> <OPTION value="Copyright or Plagiarism">Copyright/Plagiarism</OPTION> <OPTION value=Other>Other</OPTION></SELECT>
    Comment: (optional)
    <TEXTAREA id=ReportAbuse_CommentText onkeyup="return LimitLength(this,500);"></TEXTAREA> <INPUT onclick="ReportAbuse(); return false;" type=button value=Report>

<!-- plckSort is too generic. Replaced with plckCommentSortOrder. Leaving plckSort for backwards compatibility -->[​IMG]
    <TABLE class=Comments_Table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><!--start loop--><TBODY><TR class=" Comments_TableRowColor" id=CommentKey:c4dd7051-e90a-434b-8812-36a9bf0531c1><TD class=Comments_UserImage>[​IMG] </TD><TD class=Comments_TableRight>TORQUAYTIM wrote:
    Put it down its a banned breed and that old story that i thought it was a staff is wearing thin
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. BLU3BR1NDLE

BLU3BR1NDLE Big Dog

Free leo!!!

3. fotte'

fotte' Pup

TORQUAYTIM wrote:
    Put it down its a banned breed and that old story that i thought it was a staff is wearing thin

i'd choke him too...