1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

TN: Police: 21 dogs rescued from Nashville dog fighting ring

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

3-11-16

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Metro Nashville police have made three arrests and seized 21 dogs in connection with an illegal dog fighting operation.

The Metro Nashville Police Department says in a news release that Tuesday, officers searched a house where 45-year-old John Gooch and 30-year-old James Burgess lived.

Officers found 11 adult pit bulls and 10 pit bull puppies. All of the dogs were seized by Metro Animal Control.

Detectives also found a treadmill they believe was used to condition dogs, and syringes that may have been used to administer chemicals to the animals.

Gooch and Burgess were arrested and charged with multiple counts of animal fighting and aggravated animal cruelty. Gooch’s girlfriend, 40-year-old Shawn Massey, was arrested on one count of animal fighting and one count of aggravated animal cruelty.

It’s unclear if Gooch, Burgess or Massey have attorneys.

[​IMG]

Police: 21 dogs rescued from Nashville dog fighting ring | ClarksvilleNow.com

2. c_note

c_note CH Dog

They never say who or what tipped em off. Dogs, a treadmill, and syringes?? It's baaaaaad these days

3. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

The whole story is 6 sentences long? Is a treadmill no different than a frisbee to a dog? Wtf is going on in the world today where it's a crim to work your dog out in a legal manner. What's next?

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well we are already at a place where more than one dog out on chainspot equals dog fighter, use barrel as a house and it's clear cut that you are to ARA

5. david63

david63 CH Dog

I have syringes and medicine for my dogs here at the house too and a treadmill I reckon that makes me a dog Fighter 2.