1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pocket Pits?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by bighead, Oct 1, 2007.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Re: Pocket Pits????

Down here the term "pocket pit" is just a term used to describe a small dog. They're also called pocket rockets too. After all you, know the old saying - the smaller the dog the hotter the fire! lol. A pocket pit is usually in the range of 25 - 35 lbs. They're purebred pit bulls, just small.

There was one case I heard of however of a purebred pit bull who weighed in at a whopping 2 lbs. That's right - TWO lbs. His name was Freddie & he had some kind of disorder that made him so small. I came across an article on him by accident & haven't been able to find it since.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2007
  2. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

There was one case I heard of however of a purebred pit bull who weighed in at a whopping 2 lbs. That's right - TWO lbs. His name was Freddie & he had some kind of disorder that made him so small. I came across an article on him by accident & haven't been able to find it since.[/QUOTE]

lol wow,anyone got a pic?

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

They had a picture of him on the article. But I came across the article by accident & have not been able to find it again since. :(

4. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

5. chbk

chbk Big Dog

6. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I have no idea

7. Re: Pocket Pits????

Sounds like one for the backyard bloodlines thread?

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Your mention of looking "deformed" with horrible front legs, strongly suggests it is actually "deformed" in a genetic way. The specific disease which causes this (short, bow-legged, and outlayed feet) slips my mind, and I don't feel like searching for it. Maybe someone else will know the correct term, for 90% of these "low-rider" mutants.

9. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

dwarfism????michele's chihuahua is looking ruff..[​IMG]come on they said pocket pit..we can do it..

10. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

lol, you beat to it.

11. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

me ...... oops

12. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

We have been to some Ukc dog shows and there were the Staffy Bulls there and their owners refered to them as pocket pits. They were between 20 and 30 lbs or so. I think it is just a nickname, not a breed name.

13. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Where did you meet the person with this "pocket pit"

14. bighead

bighead Pup

I've been looking at pups in North florida and went to this guys house to see his pups.......can you say backwoods?????

He had the little black male "pocket pit" in a cage with a nice looking red female...... He swore up and down he has papers that say the dog is a Purebred pocket pit...

I asked to see his papers but he never did produce them.........

that's what I get for respondong to an ad in the paper........I knew better but I couldn't help myself...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2007
  15. Re: Pocket Pits????

I've Seen People Trying To Pawn Actual, Registered Staffordshire Bull Terriers As "pocket Pits" Or "mini Pits". Give Me A Break

16. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Sometimes I like to look through the Iwanna, and I pick out all the bloodlines that are obviously false. It's a bit of fun for me. lol.

17. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Yes, I knew someone who had what I believe was one. He said it was a pit. Very strong, intelligent, fierce and agile. I thought about getting one for my mom, but the dog was as strong as a tank, and darn near dislocated my shoulder. It pulled the leash , with what felt like all its might. It felt stronger than dogs 5x its size. No bigger than 15 - 18lbs. "Look"ed and acted like a APBT, only in poodle size. One thing about "pocket pits". The use of such a possibly generic term, denotes possible breed ignorance. That would be a red flag to me. I would investigate much deeper, before getting one. Now if he could better describe the breeding, and previous breeders when pressed, thats a different issue, depending on what was said.

18. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

The technical term for the disease is called "eftupness". The layman's term is pronounce "F#$k up ness". General signs are a non dogman owner, and large chain wrapped several times around the neck.

19. lunadogge

lunadogge Pup