1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pocket Pits?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by bighead, Oct 1, 2007.

1. bighead

bighead Pup

Ok.....I'll probably be sorry for asking this but........

I met a man who claims to have a purebred pocket pit??? To my knowledge that would just be the runt of the litter would it not? Or is there a mini pit bull registery now?

Somebody enlighten me.

2. Michele

Michele Guest

Re: Pocket Pits????

here ya go::D

[​IMG]

3. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Yep thats about as close to a ''pocket pit'' as you will get right there.ain't no such thing as a pocket pitbull just another byb trying to line his pockets.sure there are small bulldogs but not no 5 pounds or that.

4. bighead

bighead Pup

The dog this guy was braggin about was 5 years old and only weighed 25lbs. It looked deformed. He had really bad conformation, his front legs looked crooked like a basset hound.

5. Re: Pocket Pits????

25lbs is more like the itt bitty pitties...lmao... those are fine..if they were bred properly and for the right reasons.....

no such thing as a pocket pit....if the dogs were bred for the size (small or large) they are true to standard...and I wouldnt touch one with a 10ft pole!
    Most likely they have been out crossed with another breed to gain the size...OR have taken all the small APBT's and bred them regardless if they actually should have been nred or not.
    pocket pits are for BYB and Puppy peddlers POCKETS...in green with money!
    My advice....STAY AWAY..
    if you want a small line of APBT, there are quite a few out there....
    and they are REAL APBT's!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  6. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

That's one bad ass lookin pit...LMAO!

7. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

8. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

just heard about these today...they are calling them Short Bulls, but they look like french bulldogs, pugs, or Boston terriers.

9. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

pretty much a mix of the two or three..looks like french bulldogs with there ears cropped...

10. Re: Pocket Pits????

While there are alot of APBT's that would weigh 25lbs. full grown...there are alot of these "pocket pits" popping up lately. My best guess is that people are doing this to compete with designer labradoodles, or cock a poos. There have been a couple of threads the last couple of months dealing with this...I'll try and post a link.

11. bigcespits

bigcespits Big Dog

Well alot of bully breeder are calling them bullys pocket pits.

12. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Hey Michele what about this one?

[​IMG]

13. Michele

Michele Guest

yes....that's a long haired one..LMAOOOOO

14. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

as was allready stated 25 pounds is fine,but from what you described i wouldn't even consider a dog like that.could be a dwarf dog for all you know.but low to mid 20's is fine a lot of bulldogs have been known to be that size,but from pocket pit i was thinking like 5 to 10 pounds and thats a big no no.

15. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I heard a fairly reputable dogman talking about these "Pocket Pits" The only thing I could think of was a Patterdale Terrier. Not an APBT but a bad ass little dog none the less. Anything that can whip a badger is ok in my book. ;)

16. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

pocket pit eh? thinking of paris hilton walking around with a pocket pit..... well, anyhow.... i'd tell anyone who says they own a pocket pit that they should really do some research. and you're right GBDJ, badgers ain't no joke. i don't even mess with badgers man.

17. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

sounds dangerous...pocket pit in one hand..pocket pool in the other..hands full and nowhere to go.:D

ChiaPit and Bullyson like this.
  18. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

lolololol !!!!!!!!!

19. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Yeah i used to have some of them little dogs,best hunting and watch dog i have ever owned.those are about as close as you can get to puting a APBT in a shrinking machiene.they were absolutely fearless and fantastic hunting dogs.stubborn as all get out as far as making them do something you wanted instead of what they thought was best but yet they were easy enough to train as far as sit and such.now another good little dog is a mountain feist best varmit dog i ever used,treed coons and squirells like nobodys business.

20. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

hmm..... that whole idle hands thing i guess :)