1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Please give me your feedback- thanks!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Jennifer&Will, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Jennifer&Will

Jennifer&Will Big Dog

Leo has never had people or dog aggression. You can look in my gallery & see a pic of him & the cat cuddling! My husband has this friend who whenever he comes over- Leo just growls and gets upset to the point he starts shaking! I dont like the guy- I just get a vibe from him that somethings not right! Should I be concerned? Do you think Leo knows I dont like him & he's backin his momma up! Ive never really said much to the guy but last night when he came over Leo was running around and the guy told my dog to settle down. I told him to stfu!
    You dont repremand other peoples dogs & my dog was playing with my son so it was ok. ???

2. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

Candi and Raven are very friendly like that. It has happened one time were someone came over and my girls didn't like him at all. Candi just sat there, like your boy, and shook and growled. Raven was circling him, growling and showing her teeth. They have never acted like this with anyone before and haven't done it since then. They are very friendly. So i took it as this is their way of telling me he is someone i shouldn't trust. If they didn't like him, i don't trust him! My girls also not human aggresive. They LOVE people and always expect everyone to pet and love on them, so if they act differantly, like cowering or uneasy around someone, I know something wrong.

3. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

Your dog, that knows you very well, can sense a change in your body posture and chemical changes in your body (persperation) change of your scent. That is what they react on.

4. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

Your dog knows that you don't like him. Our dog Scooby use to do that. If my husband didn't like someone then Scooby would bark and growl with his hair on his neck standing up.

5. Jennifer&Will

Jennifer&Will Big Dog

Thanks- I Think He Senses It Too. But I Truly Feel That Animals Can Sense Things & Something Isnt Right With This Guy. Leo Is Too Sweet Of A Boy! He Never Acts Like This. I Told My Husband He Cant Come Over Anymore Because This Is Leo's House & It Causes Him Stress. Plus I Dont Like Him..lol

6. LONGHORNS

LONGHORNS Big Dog

It is normal and should be. That a dog can sense their master's feelings.

7. TrubsDiary

TrubsDiary Banned

i have had the same problem with my pooch, trouble. When i showed him in the Iowa show, he was calm under Sharon Sunday. But when Abel Santillion came up to him my friendly and loving pup gave a low growl. I was worried about it and diciplined him for it but the judge didn't seem bothered. My dog did the same thing under Ed Hinkle. I also diciplined him. I talked to Ed after the show and he said it was nothing to worry about, that my dog was just telling Ed that he's watching out for me. Ed said that it may have been that i was very nervous and that my dog could smell it on my breath and was nervous because i was nervous. As he approached about 2 years old i had the same problem walking him down the street. Some people he was perfectly friendly to, but there was one or two people he just didn't like, and would let them know to stay away from me. I guess it didn't bother me that much, i trust my dog's judgment. As long as he dosen't act like this to family members and kids which he dosent. I really didn't want him to be too overprotective of me so i did a bit of therapy. He gets really upset when i leave his sight, so i had some of my guy friends go on a walk w/ me and then i walked up ahead of them a few blocks out of his sight. My dog had to heel and sit on the stranger's command or they wouldn't walk at all. i think this taught my dog that all people are "top dog" to him, not just me. I don't know if any of this will help or not, it's just my experience with it.