1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pitbulls in Australia

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Ninety-Nine, Aug 8, 2011.

1. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

the reid dogs did run on the large side for sure.rangitang, texas minnie,tramp will all have topped 70lb, even skipper was a large dog and i would guess around 60lb as would beautee and tigress. the ch dread dog (skipper x beauty) would have been around 76lbs chainweight too.so they did run pretty big.

2. moonshine

moonshine Pup

The size comes from the reid dogs and its becuase they were heavy OFRN bred and ran a bit bigger than most.ST WE imported the first dogs from Ed Reid around 83 84 and RB bought dogs from the Sttaes soon after.I personally witnessed dogs in the late eighties that were straight Reid dogs that were around the 80 90 pound mark.I have one here still alive that is very close to 90 pound at catch weight.He is a freak and heavily reid bred and these are dogs that dont have any bully mastiff or other shit in them becuase they came of game bred dogs.Just line bred throw backs.

3. Rmc

Rmc Pup

The Reid dogs although mainly huge also ran small if you tightened them up real close. My gypsy bitch( a genuine bulldog)from evoralls gypsy(not reids gypsy) I bred back to her son and this litter every dog was under 40pds fully grown. I think Ed Reid had some larger dogs bred for size that people liked to import for selling purposes in the early days before people wanted different characteristics as today. The pictured dogs come from the breedings of I.H. who kept huge bitches and bred to his stud jeep Cherokee(ch tysons littermate) who was a huge dog himself despite being jeep x scatter red boy. Many of these jeep Reid crosses were bred and most were huge.

4. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

cant see pix rmc

5. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

He means my pictures and he's spot on, the red bitch was bred by I.H and the black one is her niece.

6. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

Jeep Cherokee was 66lbs, the bitch Moo Moo was 72lbs. Together they threw bigger pups. They had size but as far as true bulldogs go the quality probably wasn't that great.

7. Rmc

Rmc Pup

Yeah sorry, there the pictures I meant.

8. haychie

haychie Pup

180749_181893845179538_100000767723152_349148_2667845_n.jpg 224200_2009025993385_1475776898_2254520_1758398_n.jpg 228219_2009018193190_1475776898_2254508_7897235_n.jpg 377621_10150356791270771_645325770_8590669_524552404_n.jpg hey, would like some opionions on these dogs 180986_185447678157488_100000767723152_366860_6778516_n.jpg

9. haychie

haychie Pup

10. haychie

haychie Pup

FIRST pic is mother, grandfather(sires side) grandmother(sires side), dad,mother and then 2nd post pups,pups,dad,mother and pups and last dad agian

any opinions ?? dam is supposedly "sorrells/camelot" and sire "chinamen" any thoughts on that ?

Much appreciated!

11. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

looks like mum,dad,grandparents and pups to me and looks like ya need more than that backyard to keep that many pups

12. haychie

haychie Pup

......okay then , any real answers

13. Rmc

Rmc Pup

White grandparent I like the look of. Any idea on it's breeding? It doesn't appear to be chinaman bred.

14. Rmc

Rmc Pup

Mother looks like it's got some Reid in it. What bloodlines are in Camelot?

15. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

These look like pics from a hunting dog site where extremely expensive pups are being pumped out from pets with no pedigree most of the time. If these dogs, fine as they do look, have no available pedigree, then sadly they aren't of any bloodline.

16. haychie

haychie Pup

i know without papers you can never be sure, but one with enough experience might be able to tell if they appear to have the "look" of a particular line. ??...

as far as i know there is a heavy weightpull line of camelot in usa and another line which is ofrn.

the dam has a very distinctive look dont you think?

17. haychie

haychie Pup

pe354m.jpg this male i had seen being bred with the same grandmother,and looks like the same dog?

18. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

They are great looking dogs. I've never heard of Camelot lines in this country in over 20 years involvement with these dogs, including weight pull. The whites look like some of the jeep redboy jocko stuff coming out of the vella's joker2 x vella's sparkplug breeding. I've had several like those from that blood. One pic looks like a Reid x ofrn. Can't the owner advertising the pups for sale tell you anything? I've seen the ads, didn't see the word pedigree. If you like the look and they suit your purpose , best of luck with one.

19. Rmc

Rmc Pup

Personally I have bred similar looking dogs as the white from utilizing a jeep cross and the dam from Reid blood. Unfortunately if no one bothers keeping track of the pedigree who knows if or what else is in them.

20. Rmc

Rmc Pup

I mean the dam from photos that is from reids,not the white dog like my post sounded.
    Also I guess some people change their pedigrees from the truth anyway.