1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pitbulls and parolees

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by killadev300, May 21, 2010.

1. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

So i was watching animal planet and saw this show never saw it before. The lady basically rescues and places pits she has like the biggest rescue in the states with about 200 dogs. Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys of what you think about the work she is doing for the breed. For the most part I thought it was good work as she would place animals with families that did not have dogs if the rescue dog was DA, and other prudent things along those lines. So i just wanted to ask you guys your opinion on Villa Lobos because from where i stand it looks like she is doing good positive work.

2. Blau

Blau Big Dog

She claims that she's the country's EXPERT on the breed one more than one occasion... She seems to know about the breed in general, but that's probably it.

3. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

i think she should teach the adopters about break sticks and give one to everyone who adopts one of her dogs but other than that she seems pretty knowledgeble

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

good show.i like how strict she is with placing them to make sure your not geting a accident waiting to happen.dont think of her as the country's expert but does represent the pitbull breed as they true'lly are.

5. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

I think she's better than most rescues, I don't remember where but she said she's always got a breakstick on her... She talks about DA and fighting being normal for the breed.

Villalobos Rescue Center

HOWEVER, I've seen some dogs kenneled together on the show, and that disturbs me. They're had some dogs for years... I also was sickened by her justifying the disgusting behavior by a bulldog bitch being spayed... The dog was pure vicious, scared of them to the point I'm sure she would have torn them up given the chance, and she said "She's scared." That dog needed a dirt nap. I'm horrified she was bred. Tia should have told the owners the dog either needed to be put down or muzzled at all times. What kind of image is a thrashing, snarling big pit bull giving the breed on televesion?

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

my problem with all these "pitbull" shows that seem to be the current trend is i dont like the young kids watching them. my youngest gets so pissed when i make her turn them off. i tell her if she wants to learn more, open good book or go out in the yard with a dog. -F- all that tv crap

7. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

yea poisoned saw that episode with d bitch you are talking about and that bitch was really aggressive and I did not like the image either. Also one thing I also agree with is that hopefully kids dont let tv be their only source of information on the breed, as it is for some many other things and be like 'oh yea i want a pitbull' and go to some backyard breeder and get some mutt that is too much for them and it ends up in a shelter and start the all to familiar cycle. However they did have some good points on there.

8. Blau

Blau Big Dog

I think that's great what you do Lee... More parents need to be responsible for knowing what their kids are learning, and not just about dogs.

9. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Her daughters are pretty.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i'll say i think her heart is in the right place. I'll also say that she does help the dogs in her possession pretty well snd she did a free spay and neuter thing on an episode i saw so....
    Not overly knowledgable but she is a lot better than most the people out there "helping"

11. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

One of the things I did like in one of her shows was when she ackowledged that a lot of human agressive pitbulls are created by byb who are using blue blood. Although in another episode her daughters went to a Razors Edge event. So it is what it is! She isn't the person with the most knowledge about the breed but at least it makes people think differently about BSL.

12. skinny

skinny Pup

if she is such a self proclaimed expert on the breed on the episode she screams dog fight and or the one when 2 dogs got into it a home inspection why doesn't the moron have breaksticks on the property, she grabs them by the back legs and cause's more damage to the dogs when they YANK them apart i think she is a dope:dogtongue:

13. 1916

1916 Big Dog

they will let any fuckup have a show on there (ap)

14. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

Hey she helps the breed IMO thats enough she doesnt know it all by any means but shes against BSL and places her dogs in good homes

15. green machine

green machine Top Dog

I think the show is just as bad as the midgets show! I saw her say on her show that blue dogs are more dog aggressive, she like most others dont make known the difference between a bully and a american pitbull terrier. She places these dogs in multi dog homes.

and i heard her say that dog aggression just needs some more training to get rid of

16. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Thanks Lee D, more parents should be like you.

17. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

HER daughters are into American bullies!

18. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I was unfortunate enough to watch about 10 minutes of it the other night.When I seen a big party with Bully the Kid as MC and a couple supposed APBTs I seen enough to think it was like all the other pitbull TV crap they're putting on the air lately.They just didn't have a midget,lol but if you notice all the shows,they are just a freak show,you have your parolees(nothing against parolees but these are a bit much for my tastes)the fat,gay bikers and the midget.They should forget pitbulls and start a traveling sideshow.If they could find a bearded lady,they'd be all set.

19. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

One thing i don't like about these shows(other than they seem to cater to bullies) is they make it appear to the general public that you have to be some kind of social misfit to like the breed.All these shows are based on supposed ex convicts,and weird ones at that(if they're not actors,who knows with these reality shows anymore) Anyway probably not the image I wished would be put out there of us as APBT owners. They further contribute to the image of a APBT as big headed bullies,rarely do you ever see a true APBT,to the point most people wouldn't even know one if they were looking at it.I applaud anyone that's against BSL,but it should take more than that before enough people take you seriously enough to put you on TV.

20. spliff

spliff Big Dog

imo she isn't helping the breed just like all these other ''pit bull''shows.how many yo yos do you think watch these shows and run out to there nearest byb and pick up a pup?out of sight out of mind is what the breed needs now.stop plastering them all over animal planet and let the fad die down.