1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pitbull video clips

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bluepit50, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

The first link takes you to a video clip of a place in Germany where people are competing their dogs in k-9 training. The owner is with her dog and 2 people try to attack her and the pitbull protects her from both them. Imagine if they did'nt have that padding, that little pitbull would have easily put both them down. K-9 training in generally is done by other breeds, but I respect the Germans when it comes to dog training and their dog breeds. The pitbull won first place out of all the dogs competing, my wife read the site this video is on, it's in German. The 2nd is just a cool clip of a pitbull running up a wall to grap something. The 3rd shows some pitbulls that should be in the NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=98&w=145&type=mpeg&rurl=www.hundebitt.no%2F&vurl=www.hundebitt.no%2FAngrepstrening%2520med%2520amstaff%2520og%2520pitbull.mpg&back=p%3Dpitbull%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fl%3D0%26fr%3DFP-tab-web-t-250&turl=re2.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1505530825&name=Angrepstrening%20med%20ams...itbull.mpg&no=2&tt=57&p=pitbull&size=1.6MB&dur=34&pld=720x540

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=105&w=140&type=msmedia&rurl=www.petclube.com.br%2Famichetti%2Fpitbull%2520x%2520petbull%2520II.htm&vurl=www.petclube.com.br%2Famichetti%2FFilmeBiancasalto.wmv&back=p%3Dpitbull%26sm%3DYahoo%2521%2BSearch%26toggle%3D1%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3DFP-tab-web-t-250%26b%3D21&turl=scd.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1505469035&name=FilmeBiancasalto.wmv&no=33&tt=57&p=pitbull&size=463.7kB&dur=19

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=105&w=140&type=msmedia&rurl=www.phuketdogschool.com%2FEng%2FhotshotEng.html&vurl=www.phuketdogschool.com%2FVDO%2FRifleSuddumSpingPole3.WMV&back=p%3Dpitbull%26sm%3DYahoo%2521%2BSearch%26toggle%3D1%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3DFP-tab-vid-t-250%26b%3D21&turl=re2.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1505091695&name=RifleSuddumSpingPole3.WMV&no=29&tt=57&p=pitbull&size=2.4MB&dur=92

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2005
  2. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

I dont like it when people train pitbulls for this type of work....

3. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Trust me, in Germany it's alot different. They know what they are doing when it comes to k-9 training, they don't have all these crazy people like here. I agree with not training pitbulls like that here, but there are experts that do a good job. I think it is impressive out of all the breeds competing that the pitbull won!!! even beat out all the German Shepards there.

There is a big difference with advance training done by experts, and trust me Germans know what they are doing, their dog breeds and accomplishments speak for themselves, they don't just make some of the best cars, but their dog breeds are very good and kept pure.

4. D.R KING

Yes but on the first clip, the pitbull came very close to getting the guy's head. Our dogs have alot of attacking power, the last thing people should be doing is letting this dogs attack humans

5. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Any dog can miss and hurt someone, German Shepards do it all the time. Any dog that has the right personality and training can be controlled and taught to stop, now pitbulls in general are more difficult to stop once they get going but this clip is in Germany where they don't have all the same problems as us. They are known for their pure bred dogs around the world and having some of the best dog training in the world. I have these clips so people can see how balanced pitbulls can be, a pitbull even beats out other dog breeds in their own specialty!!!!!! That's what I respect, their accomplishments, i'm not narrow minded like some people and if a person knows what they are doing then all the power to them.This is Germany not here, a totally different ballgame bro...

6. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Notice all the people cheering??? If that was here they would be scared, just shows you how different it is there. The people respect their dogs over there and have confidence in their people's training and their dogs.

7. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

My wife is from Russia and they still match pitbulls over there, she even kept 2 that were matched over there!!! It's alot different in those countries, alot of things are still like they were 40, 50 years ago. She tells me that the attack training is very popular in Russia for pitbulls and even there they don't have the same problems as here. Dogs are'nt bred in Germany and Russia for looks, only abilities and accomplishments, that's why it's alot different then what we are used to.

The point is just look at the clips and enjoy the abilities of our breed, we all know that pitbulls are'nt a prefered breed for attack training, no need to always argue about everything, just relax and enjoy. Once again that pitbull beat out the other breeds of dogs in the k-9 competition and that's amazing to me. They can accel in anything, that's what I like. This is not the hood somewhere in the USA! lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2005
  8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Just b/c the Germans may know more (questionable) about attack training doesn't mean that pit bulls should be doing it. I don't care if the master of all Shutzund trainers was training the dog, pit bulls should not be used to attack humans!!!!! If that's what they want, then use the damn Presa Canario!!!!

9. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Exactly. No matter how good the trainer is.....it always goes against hundreds of years of selective training.

10. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

I dont see the problem with it. Pits are used in the US for police work. The dog didnt come close to that guys head. It looked that way because of the way the jacket bunched up when it jumped on him. The dog had ahold of the jacket under the guys arm.

11. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Don't even try, most people are a little narrow minded with pitbulls, they will say that k-9 training is going to worsen the image and is too dangerous with pitbulls. It is a fact that pitbulls don't have the same image here as some other countries. Just like they were well respected here once they are still respected in other countries. No one is saying to attack train pitbulls, I just admire their accomplishments and ability to accel in any area. njchmin I agree with you, but because of the bad image and irresponsible breeders we have here, most people are going to go against pitbulls doing any k-9 training.

The funny thing about it all is this. I would trust a pitbull coming at me that has been k-9 trained way more than any other breed!!! There are pitbulls winning these competitions in other countries against the other breeds for a reason, because they are intelligent, obedient, loyal, physically and mentally strong, people friendly, determined, do not give up, and most importantly are more well balanced than most breeds. Pitbulls are well respected and admired by people in some other countries and they don't have the same problems as us.

My wife knows first hand how it is, she lived in Russia her whole life and spent alot of time in Germany. K-9 training is very popular there and is done with success regardless if it's a pitbull or not. They have the right breeders and the right trainers, as well as a different image. I respect the success they have in other countries with pitbulls and admire them. Just because in our country our breed has a bad image and we don't have as many freedoms here with pitbulls as other countries, does'nt mean they are wrong. They are the ones without all the problems we have and they still are matching pitbulls there, so obviously they have more responsible owners and success. I won't knock em, sorry. I like hearing from people that have actually lived in other countries and not grown up here their whole life, you get a whole different perspective of what's really going on. It's a shame that we are the free country of the world, but yet in reality we don't have as many freedoms as some other countries. The reason why people come here is because their countires economy is'nt as strong as ours.

Case and point, in my wife's country of Russia it's huge, the biggest country in the world. You don't have all these laws on drinking, music, pitbulls, taxes, ect. and yet they don't have the same problems. You can even drink in your car!!! I'm not saying that it is ok but it;s funny that they don't have all the car accidents like us. The same as pitbulls k-9 training, even though they are doing something we see as risky they still don't have all the problems we do. My point to everyone is just because something seems wrong here does'nt make it completely unwise, don't be so narrow minded, our way of living is different here and our freedoms are being taking away everyday here. Like I said pitbulls are still matched legally over there, she was pulled over one day with her pitbull in her car after a match and even after the police saw the dog they did'nt care. It's different over there, in many ways they have more freedoms than us, believe it or not. I have many friends from other countries that say the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2005
  12. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

Wait are you calling me narrow minded? I said that i didnt have a problem with the video.

13. TopDog

TopDog Pup

I think a pit could be used for this type of work or in the police field because it is one of the most atheletic dogs in the world and it could bring a postive image

14. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

Sorry, I was'nt talking about you, lol. I was saying I agree with you and that alot of other people will disagree with us because they are narrow minded, sorry. the rest of the post was directed towards anyone who is narrow minded, not us, lol:) The post was'nt directed to you at all, I already know you are'nt narrow minded, I was just saying a little information on some things for everyone to know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2005
  15. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

See, I agree with you, but the problem is that since we have a bad image of our breed here then only negative results will occure for us. Pitbulls can accel in any sport, including k-9 competitions and everything else, but some things just can't be done here. Most people here are against pitbulls k-9 training, they are right about it harming the image but that's here.

I would trust a pitbull over any other breed, and because of this bad image we have here in this country many people are'nt trusting pitbulls like they should. I for one trust pitbulls in general, they are very people friendly and obedient in general, and intelligent.

Are there better choices of breeds for k-9 training? Yes

Can pitbulls accel in k-9 training? Offcourse

It's just here with all these irresponsible people and all this mixed breeding, along with the current bad image other countries make better choices to train pitbulls like this. They do it with success unlike here.

16. D.R KING

It is true that pitbulls can accel in ANy canine sport, however, by no means necessary SHOULD A PITBULL PLACE A "TOOTH" ON A HUMAN. Hell if a pitbull even growls at a human, handle it. All it takes is one wrong move, the dog misses and handler gets hurt. Its pretty much okay if a german shep did it, or any other breed but the fact that its a pitbull, people will be so quick to say something about it. Sports like this, pitbulls should stay away from

17. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

See that's the problem, unless you've actually seen first hand how dogs are trained in the real k-9 training you will misunderstand the concept. Dogs who are k-9 trained correctly are in no way taught to show aggression in humans, they are trained to have extremely advance control and obedience to the handler nothing more. It's takes the right kind of dog with the right kind of trainer to achieve success in this area. In this country German Shepards are used, but in other places they use other breeds, here pitbulls have a bad image so they are not used as much as other countries for this line of work. But the fact is other countries use pitbulls successfully without the same type of problems we have here. Dogs are just trained to do whatever the handler wants them to do, that's the goal, police just use it to their own advantages, but not every dog is taught to attack people.

There really is no arguement here because we can all agree that with our current situation we have here that it's not a good idea to train pitbulls like this, but that's here!!! Personally I respect the success other countries have achieved with our breed of dog, for a pitbull to beat out German Shepards in a k-9 training competition is an awesome success for our breed, but this is done elsewhere not here, and the pitbulls have respect in this particular sport over there.

18. D.R KING

The right kind of dog you say? well the right kind is not the pitbull...

19. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

By the right kind of dog I mean one with the right personality, and that's your opinion. In this country our breed has a bad image and people don't respect pitbulls like they should. Until you actually understand what k-9 training is and you have personally seen how the dogs are trained you should'nt be so narrow minded. Like I said if you think that all the dogs are trained to attack people then you don't know the concept, so before you argue about everything learn about what your talking about first, your basing your opinions on what everyone else thinks here, yes here it would be bad but it does'nt mean that America is always right, we can't even match dogs anymore here, what's that tell you about our free country, and to top that off our dogs are being banned? If other people are having success with our breed then you should respect that and not bash everything, there is a reason for success with something, we should always try understanding why someone would have more success with something. People fear pitbulls too much here in general and there are many reasons for that.

Noone is saying pitbulls should be attack trained, but be more open minded about things instead of jumping on what everyone else thinks. Why do we have all these problems with pitbulls here? Because people don't trust them. and that's wrong. I would trust a pitbull over any breed to accomplish a task, because they are more balanced with the physical and mental strength to go with it, along with extreme determination to succeed in any given task, that's why they can accell in so many areas. There are people who know what they are doing, so respect their accomplishments, because they are'nt the ones causing all the problems we have here.

20. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

All 3 Of Those Video Were Crazy I Love Our Breed.