1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

PITBULL LIFESPAN & Producing Span

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by JAZZi CHiCK, Dec 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. PITBULL LIFESPAN & Producing Span

Wondering about other bulldog men...how old is the oldest dog u own now as of today b/c expected lifespan for pitbulls are 13 yrs of age just curious and are they still producing at the age that they are...i have a 13 year old redboy jocko male still producing and his dad is 16 now and still shooting his stick....

2. young muscle

young muscle Big Dog

Re: PITBULL LIFESPAN & Producing Span

Damn 16!
    Buckshot told me Ch Raisin was 15 and was still producing not sure if I believed him though.
    But I'm sure it possible.

3. ABD456

ABD456 Big Dog

Jazzi you are lucky, I have heard of dogs at 8/9 starting to throw blanks even though they quite healthy

4. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I know of a Boyles dog that was bred by WCC who was 14 when he passed. I believe he sired 3 liters that years also. Not sure how many made it though.

5. Re: PITBULL LIFESPAN & Producing Span

i guess its possible i still have mine,guess im lucky

6. Re: PITBULL LIFESPAN & Producing Span

they may have bred the dog out

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

My Joseph dog lived to be a ripe old 17 and change when he finally passed. His son, Manx, 16 1/2, and Manx' daughter, Sallie, also 16 1/2. My Smith dog produced at 14 1/2 and passed at over 15.
    While good care is a must, I also believe certain lineages might be longer lived on the average than others.
    Our latest two house dogs lived to be 18 and 19 respectively. Neither were bulldogs. Just dogs we rescued as pups and were unknown as to any and all breeds they may have been.

I have an inbred son and daughter off Smith that are 14 now, and still healthy. We've been blessed to have some around for longer than most dogs tend to live and be healthy, and we are thankful for that.

8. afb263

afb263 Big Dog

Lol, tdk what do yo feed ?

9. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I make a homemade gruel for my pups. When they go out onto the yard, we feed a good, natural kibble, usually Diamond chicken and rice. Nothing fancy. I've never fed raw

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

There's so much more to dog care than FEED ALONE, IMO. People sometimes are under the assumption that they can feed a great feed and let the rest go. It doesn't work. LOL

11. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Proper excersize, fresh water, and CLEANLINESS is a must. Also patience, steel nerves, and some basic medical procedures are just a couple added pointers.