1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pitbull killed by toddler

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by MMK, Apr 30, 2004.

1. MMK

MMK Guest

[size=-1]Monday, April 12, 2:39 PM PST[/size]
    Toddlers Attack, Kill Pit Bull

by Tucker H. Johnson,
    NA!P NewsWire

[size=-1]DENVER, Colo [/size]-- [size=-1]In a scene that seems to be playing out with growing regularity across the nation, three toddlers attacked and killed a pit bull yesterday afternoon. It was the seventh child attack on a pit bull in as many months in the Denver Metro area. [/size]

[size=-1][​IMG]Maggie Hindler was walking her four-year-old pit bull, Max, in Washington Park around 3:00 PM when the three toddlers appeared out of nowhere and immediately began attacking her dog. Hindler says that she and Max did nothing to provoke the toddlers and that she didn't even see them until they were almost on top of her dog.[/size]

[size=-1]"We were just walking along," a visibly-shaken Hindler recalled. "We weren't doing anything. And suddenly, these little kids shot out of these bushes and attacked Max. He was helpless."[/size]

[size=-1]Hindler and several other bystanders tried to pull the toddlers off of max, without luck. Kent Randolph was one of the bystanders who tried to help Hindler, and he concedes that it was almost impossible to get the kids to stop their attack.[/size]

[size=-1]"I tried screaming at them, hitting them with sticks, prying at their jaws," Randolph said. "Nothing worked. They would turn and start to go at us for a second but then would immediately go back to attacking the dog. And you know how it is with them. Once they get their teeth into something, they just don't let go. Their little jaws are so strong."[/size]

[size=-1]Denver County passed an ordinance in 2001, banning the ownership of toddlers entirely. Anyone caught owning a toddler in Denver is subject to a $1000 fine and up to a year in jail. The toddlers are confiscated and are either euthanized at Denver Children's Hospital or sold for medical research.[/size]

[size=-1]"We have been telling the community about toddlers for years," Dr. Sally Jacobs, Chief of Child Psychology at Denver Children's Hospital, told The New News. "But a large part of the community doesn't listen. The facts are clear: Humans have been bread for centuries to do nothing by maim and kill. It's in their genes, in their nature, and nothing is going to change that. Not a good home or a loving family. That is why Denver outlawed toddlers several years ago. They are simply too dangerous to have in our community."[/size]

[size=-1]Thursday's scene is fairly typical of recent toddler attacks. At some point, the toddlers come together as a pack and end up in a place well-traveled by people and their dogs. They attack with little or no warning. They don't have collars, but they often have several juice boxes in their possession. [/size]

[size=-1]Denver police showed up on the scene shortly after the attack and were forced to kill the toddlers when they turned on police. Unfortunately, it was too late for poor Max. Needless to say, Hindler is just angry.[/size]

[size=-1]"Who can be so irresponsible to raise these things?" she said. "I mean, what if these toddlers had attacked another person? Or a cat?"[/size]

[size=-1]Lt. Steve Halfy of the Denver Police Department said that while they could not immediately identify the owner of the toddlers, they were following several leads.[/size]

[size=-1]"We'll find out whose kids these are, and we'll bring them to justice. This just sickens me. How many more dogs are going to have to die before people realize that these toddlers are killers, plain and simple."[/size]

2. red_light

red_light Pup

just curious but, what is a Toddler? i'am sure it isn't babies right?

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2005
  3. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Darn Toddlers!! Little crum snatchers..Them and their drool!!

I laughed so hard I cried!! Thanks for that MMK!!
    Rocksteady

4. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

I'm not sure if I want to Laugh or Cry!?

5. 3BK

3BK Pup

:D :D :D :rolleyes: ;) :eek: :eek: :D :o :p :D :D :rolleyes: :eek: :o :( :D :D :D :D

6. puregame

puregame Big Dog

LOL!! That's too funny. Beware the killer toddlers!!!
    :D
    :D
    :p

7. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Thanks MMK for the post, I for one will be getting rid of our two toddlers. I've got 5 pits, and there's no way I'm gonna put them in jeopardy by allowing the toddlers to remain here. If only more people were aware of the dangers of toddlers. TSL (Toddler Specific Legislation) is the only solution to this tragic phenomenon.

8. Marty

Marty Guest

Just read this again thought some new people might enjoy it lol

9. korrey

korrey Pup

It's a guy here that has three toddlers. Guess that makes him a toddler fighter!!!!

10. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

thanks that was so funny
    all you toddler breeders had better watch out lol they may come tear your yard apart lol

11. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

I don't know, I think its the owner responsibility, I mean why were those toddlers running aroung loose and without leashes??? Also they should know that the only way to loosen a toddlers bite is with a toddler stick, everyone knows that. It's not the toddler its the parents!!!!!!!!! I've met plenty toddlers that won't attack anyone, you just have to train and socialize them.

Some of these daycare centers are just fronts for toddler fighting. There were 2 pitbulls in my neighbor that went missing last week, they were found barely alive mangled, police said they were stolen and used as bait dogs for the toddlers to attack. Ever since the movie CHUCKY I don't let my pitbulls near any toddlers!!!!!!!!

12. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

your silly as hell bluepitt50

13. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

This is hilarious. A much needed post.

14. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Damn, it's been a long time since I've laughed this hard! Blue, you're funny as hell!

15. CB

CB CH Dog

man i had to read that 3 times because i didnt read any reply's and jsut didnt get it so i looked at some of the reply's now i see its a joke. Man i feel pretty dumb right now i was going to do a research on these "toddlers" haha nice post though.

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

^ Ha! I loved that......great laugh. LMAO

17. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

That Was Weird At First I Was All What The Hell Did Not Get It. Bye The End I Was Lol.

18. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

evil little bastards glad I aint got no toddlers.It confused me for a min.but it was funnylol.

19. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Use extreme caution when approaching these toddlers.Keep your eyes open and on the lookout for playpens,baby bottles and jumpers,a sure sign of a toddler ring.Contact your local authorities,do not approach.
    Sign of impending attacks-
    excess vocalizing or cooing
    drool puddles
    abandoned diapers
    Good luck citizens....

20. fyremyst

fyremyst Big Dog

Signs of toddler fighting clubs
    jumping swings, playpens, empty juiceboxes in the yard,dirty clothes strewn everywhere, frazzled parents asleep on the couch , a sudden shhhhhhhhhh noise heard when anyone approaches the house, pitbulls in the front yard then run when they hear the kids coming