1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pitbull book

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by NORTH, May 15, 2005.

1. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Link doesnt work..

3. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

4. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

try it now it should work.....

5. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

hmm... i dont know it works for me now.

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Yup, it works......dont much like it however. Seems to embrass the thug mentality of it. Also I disliked how he praised puppy peddlers like pitfall kennels. What was the deal with the gold fronts on that one guy?

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2005
  7. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

I guess he won them fighting his dog.Thats what I'm thinking.

8. GrCh_Jeff

GrCh_Jeff Big Dog

I SAW IT....great post....

9. GrCh_Jeff

GrCh_Jeff Big Dog

oh hell!!!i didnt see it all..lmao shoulda looked at it all before i commented..i saw the part bout the jr.handler and the artist that rescued the pit..but obviously there was some dumbass shit mixed in somwhere....lol

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I think its a sad pitiful representation of the breed & if I judge the "owners" (of all pit bulls) based on what I saw in this video (I can NOT stand Pitfall Kennels nor the idiot Big Boi-Outkast-who decided to make an additional buck at the expense...neglect, bitches bred every heat, 60+puppies sold in a single year & that's a lowball figure :mad:.....of some defenseless creatures), I would want NOTHING to do with them or the breed.--->coming from an outsider's point of view

:( how sad.....................

11. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

yea I didnt agree with it all either, just found it interesting. there was some dumb shit in there though. lol

12. I've heard about the book, but this is the first glimpse I've had into it, and I'm not too much impressed. Seems like these people aren't in it for the breed, they're in it for themselves and their images...

13. cbran

cbran Pup

Good post. Its about time we see and hear somthing positve in the press about these dogs.

14. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

IMO the book tends to showcase the thug mentality. I mean from what I saw most of the pics had an urban/innercity feel to them, that's already the stereotype most of the public has of these dogs. Don't get me wrong it's still a hell of a lot more positive than 90% of the things written about our breed. I just feel that maybe a mix of urban, suburban, and rural settings might have a better effect to show the true nature of the breed.

15. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

WHY cant I see it??? LOL the page is blank for me.....

16. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

I agree with you crash.

17. idgie

idgie Big Dog

I have the book and I think the selection of pictures online showcase some of the the more "colorful" characters. There is a mix of urban and rural and one suburban family. I have heard people on other sites who have big problems with it.

Mia, I've been to Pitfall Kennels with a friend, and although I know many people don't like the stocky blue dogs, it looked like one of the nicest kennels around - it was almost spotless (it should be with OutKast money). All the dogs looked incredibly healthy and happy. They had both kennel and chain set ups. The bitches looked strong, too. Why do you think they are neglecting, overbreeding, etc.? Just curious...

18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Idgie, although I have don't have any experience with Pitfall kennels myself, my older brother's good friend (whom we hunt with) has purchased 2 pups from them & both came in very emmaciated & sorry looking. Both pups were from different litters from the same dam-but both litters were in the same year. :( His overall experience with them was a very negative one. As he often lurks here, ;), I will hope that he further explains his experience with them & his visit to see some of the dogs. After he came back, he was very upset as to the condition of some of the bitches especially. Also, we kept tabs on the number of puppies being sold from that place in one year, 9 litters, & sad to say, no pups were kept, all were sold for a pretty penny.

Maybe I should visit them myself, but in the meantime, I also trust Earl as he would never have talked bad about the kennel he once adored (even taped the MTV cribs episode that showed some of Big Boi's dogs). However, I am glad to hear your side of the story as well as I hope that's how the dogs were & still are.
    (My comments have nothing to do with the "type" of pit bull they are breeding necessarily)

19. idgie

idgie Big Dog

yeah, i'm sure there are two sides to it. while all the dogs i saw looked good, the guy was playing really loud (i mean REALLY loud) music in the brood pen. not the most professional dude. and he knew people were coming to look around.

btw i meant to say that the American Pitbull book also has recent pics of some of the old time - Colby, Boudreaux, and others who he got to pose for the book. from what I understand people didn't necessarily know what kind of book it would be though.