1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit with weeping eyes?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by BuckEFleming, Feb 22, 2009.

1. BuckEFleming

BuckEFleming Banned

[​IMG]My Male pitbull Boris is having a problem with weeping eyes? any idea what it might be? I am constantly cleaning his eyes. :confused:
    Thank Guys

, Buck

2. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

how old is he? have his eyes always watered? or is this new for him?

3. BuckEFleming

BuckEFleming Banned

He Had A Bout With His Sire And Didn't Really Notice It But I Notice Its Bad Know And He Is 3.5 Yrs Old Now, Its Like Hes Crying Not Oozing. But They Have A Third Eye Lid Right?? Maybe Its Stuck? :(

4. BuckEFleming

BuckEFleming Banned

SORRY ITS A NEW PROBLEM to answer the question!:o

5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

are they ~watering~ so to speak? he could have a scratched cornea

6. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Go to the feed store or a pet store and look for Terramycin Antibiotic Ophthalmic Ointment. Here is a link that shows what it is. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=9674

I saw on another thread that someone used triple antibiotic ointment. DO NOT USE THIS! Spend the $10 bucks and get the correct stuff. Use 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days.

If you look at the eye and it has an obvious abnormality go to the vet.

But this eye ointment should do the trick.