1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"Pit" friendly...

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Suki, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Re: "Pit" friendly...

GSD I think that is ok, you are just informing people that there is a dog. You are not saying the dog is a possible threat.

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Instead of a "Beware of Dog" sign, put up a "No Trespassing" sign with a "Dog on Premise" sign underneath it. Those two together say it all without condemning you in court.

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Alright, thought so. Thanks for the reply.

4. Suki

Suki Guest

http://www.hsus.org/legislation_laws/state_legislation/

=this link has a lot of updates on things if needed.

The site below, is an example of a home owners insurance group. Note what's written in the first few sentences...

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preventing a home burglary[/font][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How to protect your family and home from a burglar[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ensure your family's safety with these helpful tips:[/font]

•[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Check doors at night and lock all windows.[/font]•[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Get a barking dog or "beware of dog" signs. If you own a dog and go out of town, have a friend you trust come in to care for your dog in your home.[/font]•[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Plant thorny bushes under all windows. Trim back any trees or shrubs near door and windows to eliminate hiding places for thieves.[/font]

it goes on!

last year on a site we discussed this subject of "Beware Of Dog" sign
    as it turns out, it can ALSO depend on what your home owners requires. There was a co. in Florida who would actually NOT insure people who did NOT have a "Beware OF Dog" sign clearly visible on their property.
    So, check out your city/state regulations, I believe you can even call your city clerks to ask them directly, and if they're unsure your Ins. Co should know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2006
  5. Hillbilly Pit

Hillbilly Pit Big Dog

I don't understand why would people and places sale those sines if they are condemning you? ther are people that have these sines every were.

6. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

i like dog on premises signs. it doesnt put people on gaurd over your dog. beware of dog makes people leary to when you tell them your dog is not a threat.

7. Suki

Suki Guest

It's funny, "beware", tho it means to, "be mindful of", or to "take notice to". Somthing you'd think of, as "oh, I gutta pay attention to this", and then you affilate it with a dog, and all of a sudden it becomes this misleading, misconstrued word. If it said, "Beware of Cat", would people even care? I doubt it. I personally have had a Beware of Dog sign for almost 20 years. In my last city, the mailman "suggested" that I put one up with my rotties, so, as to "forwarn" any postal workers that might be fillin in for him, on the days he was out, and then when I moved here, the sign came as well.

Never had a problem with it....
    I guess it's one of those things that's just open to interpretation...

8. SisMorphine

SisMorphine Big Dog

Okay, just spoke with my roommate. Apparently it can go either way, depending on how the judge feels about the sign as there is no written law regarding it. ABSURD!

She said the best thing to do is a "No Trespassing" sign and a "Dog on Premesis" sign.

9. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Foremost Insurance picked us up and had no problem with our dogs. Its like this! the dogs don't have anything to do with the contents of my home. behind a Fence and chain'em down.