1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit Bulls--Punish the Deed or the Breed? VIDEO

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Bullyboi, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

2. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

That was a very good video, thanks for sharing!

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

1/4 fatal canine deaths involves a chained/tethered animal. If this number is fact, why the hell are they considering that a canine murder...THE PERSON WAS IN THE DOGS CHAINSPOT! The idiot who wandered in is at fault, not the dog for protecting its area. You might say "Well what about kids who just wandered in?!" the kids shouldnt of been in that situation either, and the parents should be tried for the death penalty for allowing the child to roam and endanger itself.

Good video, but I'm still reminded everytime I hear "fatal dog-attack" of a story about 20 minutes from me. A young girl was HIT BY A CAR walking alone in the dark, in the country at night, and as a result died of both hypothermia and internal injuries. Some stray dogs came and picked at the corpse, and it was immediately a "wild pack of pitbulls mauls teenager to death". It was headlines for weeks, BSL this, BSL that, and you know what, they are still using this case as a basis for BSL support in our area. Once the autopsy came back showing the dogs didnt show up until after she was dead, the story dropped from the television, I never seen it again, and there was never any public corrections made. As far as most everyone who didnt research their own is concerned, its still a "pitbull attack" and you best believe they are still using that unfortunate incident to try and ban our dogs here. I know many people who met the dogs blamed for the scavenging, and 2/3 were undisputably horrible mutts, with no "pitbull" in them at all...and the final dog was 1/4 pitbull. Still, who gets the blame? 1/12th of the 3 dogs involved was a "pitbull", and we get the blame. Absolutely ridiculous. The teen died before the dogs showed up, absolutely ridiculous. The teenager snuck out her window at night, to walk down the country road in the dark to meet her boyfriend,to go to a party, gets hit and we take the blame. I'm getting so sick and tired of this bullshit on a daily basis. The reason I bring this up, I almost gurantee that incident will be counted as a "mauled to death by 3 pitbulls" story statistic elsewhere when the studies are done!

4. chrisgr212

chrisgr212 Big Dog

thx for this nice video

5. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Thats a sad story for both the girl and our breed for getting blamed when they shouldnt. It sounds like the typical media to get the facts wrong and dont correct them selves just drop the story :(.

6. Linz216

Linz216 Pup

thanks for sharing the video

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Not trying to argue with you, Rock, but I've always believed it to be sheer foolhardiness to have a dog staked out where there isn't a perimeter fence. Because you know that when something bad happens, they aren't going to look at the parents of the child, much as we'd like them to. It becomes your fault for putting the dog out there where kids can get to it, just like its your fault if you have a swimming pool and don't fence it off properly. ("Attractive nuisance" laws.)

A kid was mauled here by a Pit Bull chained to a tree, the parents "turned their back for a second" and then heard the girl screaming. Stupidity on the part of the dog owner + stupidity on the part of the parents, but I don't think the parental responsibility ever came into question. Keeping the dog confined to an area isn't enough nowadays. You have to make that area impregnable. And unfortunately, posting Beware of Dog signs is just an admission of guilt now, rather than the "cover your ass" that it used to be.

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I agree 100 % bahamutt99, if you live in an area where people can wander into your yard, you need a fence also. Fences are there to protect the dogs, from theft, from poisioning and being euthanized because someone walks into the chainspace and gets bit,and it also protects the dogs somewhat from strays and wildlife. Good post ;)