1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit bull to be spared after minor incident

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Pikeville, KY -- A Williamson pit bull will be spared after slightly injuring a juvenile near a local school.

Williamson City Police said the boy received a minor bite from the dog as it interacted with two boys playing ball Monday.

According to Williamson Officer Derrick Moore, the dog was likely trying to play with the boys when the incident occurred.

"The dog isn't vicious," Moore said. "I think she was wanting to play."

According to Moore the boy's injury was treatable with basic first-aid.

"He received a superficial wound that barely broke the skin," Moore said. 'He was then treated at the scene, near Sacred Heart School, by an ambulance."

Moore said the dog's owner was out of town at the time and that the dog had apparently chewed through a fence to get out.

"The owner is in Ohio and should be back Wednesday," Moore said. "He'll be cited and probably take possession of the dog. But she will have to be watched for 10 days."

Moore said the dog doesn't seem to be a threat and will not be destroyed.

"According to code, an animal has to have a vicious pattern in order to be put down, and she doesn't," Moore said. "But civil action could still develop from this case."

Police said the dog was being boarded at a nearby wrecking service Duba's Service Center, until the owner arrives.

Owner Debra Duba said she was familiar with the local red-nose pit bull.

"I know the dog," Dubas said. "And she's never seemed aggressive to me."

Staff Writer Janie Taylor can be reached via e-mail at jtaylor@news-expressky.com.

2. SpencerPits

SpencerPits Big Dog

I got to ask - if it was such a superficial wound, and no big deal - why is there even a story about it? Do you think this story would have been reported if the dog had been a Lab? NO! Media bias is definitely one of my pet peeves. At least they did state the whole story, instead of "pit bull attacks young boy at school" or something along those lines.

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

If a poodle or lab runs at you, it's "cute". If a pit bull runs at you, it's an "attack".:mad: Too many people are a)just looking for "easy money" in the way of a lawsuit and b)are just looking for 15 minutes of fame.

4. sixkiller

sixkiller Banned

you just know theres gonna be a cae about this and the poor dog will probably be put to sleep

5. jasong

jasong Big Dog

I agree to a certain extent. I think stuff like this is OK. They said the dog wasn't vicious and was just trying to play with the boys. That actually made me feel good. I mean it's not like saying a pit bull saved a young boys life but at the same time it's not saying a pit bull attacked and killed or hurt and young boy either. It probably wouldn't of been news had it been a lab, but it'snot necessarly bad press coverage for pits either.

6. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

i ain't saying nothing about this idiotic news report

7. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

I Better Watch Gremlin Closer He Loves To Play With Balls One Time When We Took Him To The Park These Girls Were Playing Volleyball An It Went Into The Grass Gremlin Started Running For The Ball And So Did The Girl. Nothin Happened. But This Story Made Me Think Twice.