1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit bull puppy bites off childs foot

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Michele, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Like a guy on the radio said the other morning. The newspaper wouldn't dare let something like FACTS get in the way of a good story.

2. Attila

Attila Guest

Sad but true.

3. Know what? I thought exactly the same. Feed amputed by a puppy with puppy-teeth....cmon now!

4. Attila

Attila Guest

Does make you wonder what kind of person would believe such a story. I have met some real slow folks that I don't think would buy that story either.

5. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Re: Pit bull puppy bites off child's foot

I find it thought provoking and worrisome that a story so close in detail to the ferret story has hit the papers again. All it takes is one story read by a potential abuser to start a thought process. Hey, next time I want ideas on how to harm my child or animal, I'll just read the papers. Is that not how the idea of bait dogs was issued to the John Q. Public?

Unfortunately, there are three sides to every story....My side....Your side....and..... The Absolute Truth.

For the truth on this story.....an examination of the stomach contents of the puppy would have shed some light on this. The blood found on the pup is circumstantial evidence, not proof. I just hope that it is found out that it was NOT the pup, for the sake of our breed.

6. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Too late for an examination of the stomach contents of the puppy now. The police are busy eating donuts, they certainly arent going to investigate ..The two, three or four month old puppy is a convenient scapegoat.
    This whole thing is...humph. I see that the Mother has been released as she is the "caretaker" of the child with bifida...Hey that's like the guy who murders his parents and then asks the judge for leniency beccause he is an orphan.
    I am afraid I got to agree with you, Simms. The puppy is prolly better off euthanized.
    I have serious doubts about the puppy doing this to the kid...

7. XXena

XXena Guest

When this story first appeared weeks back there was a fight between the mother and the supposed father of the baby... mother blamed the father's ferrets that were not in their cage over night and ferrets are chewers, the father who hated the wife's pitbull pup said the dog did it. In the first article they say they were awakened by the Baby's
    crying and screaming and saw his bloody toes.

Fast Forward... this article says that the baby sufferes from spinal Bifida and has no feeling from the waist down.. thus if the baby's cries awakened them it was NOT FROM PAIN from having its toes chewed off..

My researched showed a very anti pitbull menality in this whole situation and no one wanting to point fingers at the parents who are the blame in all of this. Why.. they are the adults and the humans in charge.. why was the baby left out all night on the floor in a infant chair and not in a bed where the baby was safe from anything on the floor and espeically any animals in the house.

The Vet's point is "real" not hyped like the comments of the Social Worker and the rest involved in this.. the pup was so young it did not have its adult teeth and would have taken quite a while of chewing to do the damage that was done.. and NO ONE noticed.. where the hell are the parents, especially the mother in all of this. Ferrets by their nature are chewers they chew on about anything that is why people that own them responsibilty have plenty of toys and chew treats for them. Puppies chew.. its like teething human babies.. where is the damn mother in all of this when its going ON ? Why are we making her a victim of this when she is the one that has made her own child a victim as well as her so called beloved pet.

I think this is another case of "human trash" having babies they should not be having and the same goes for their pets. Children and pets are responsibilities of those that have them and these two, especially the mother has absolutely no sense of responsibility or parenting and the victims are this poor baby and the poor dead pup due to her. Put the blame where the blame is and should be ON THE PARENTS and quit making excuses for the garbage of human society.

I have pitbulls, I have kids and they have been raised together and we have never had a problem with the kids or any of the pets we've had over all the years of them growing up. No one was bitten, chewed on, scratched on purpose or had any body parts missing. But I am a responsible adult as a parent and a pet owner.

8. simms

simms CH Dog

This is a vial story. However even the AC aint buying this.

9. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Oh! That's disgusting! And I can't believe the media isn't going crazy over the weasel slowly knawing the baby's toes off. It sounds horror-flick enough to me... but then I guess they would have to deal with letters and phone calls of upset viewers grieving over the wrongly euthed puppy.