1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit Bull Owners Defend Breed After Dog Fighting Bust

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Alma, Apr 14, 2010.

1. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

you say that all this dogs can have friends?
    that they all can be socialized?

2. blanch

blanch Big Dog

kensloft do you beleive in evolution?how about natural selection?artificial selection?
    well it is natural for all dogs to want to fight at times,do you agree?
    do you not agree that the willingness to fight could have been bred into some dogs for hundreds of years and produced an animal aggressive dog?
    you are right that you hold the view of the (ignorant) masses though.

3. blanch

blanch Big Dog

by your way of thinking a mongrel will be as consistent a retriever as a well bred Labrador

4. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Sounds like you are used to "rescued pit bulls" from the shelter.... you do realize that those dogs do not represent the typical bulldog don't you? they kill the typical bulldog because they deem it as "too aggressive to live in society." also it sounds like you are speaking about Staffords which is a different breed than the APBT. so as you said earlier sir "put that pit in your pipe and smoke it." oh btw you can go to any of your precious rescue websites and read the historical account of the APBT. thanks.

5. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Now as far as people "giving their kids stuffies." um you do know that back in the day the average fighting dog was also a house pet, farm worker, and fighter on the weekends? why do u think the INCORRECT temperment for these dogs is to be human aggressive. You are so called debating but it seems you haven't done your homework buddy. Why are you afraid to admit these dogs have certain drives? It doesn't make the dog bad. Why do we have to always defend these dogs nature against the people who own them? Okay once again for the slow people in the back of the class..... It's okay for a pointer to point (being that that's what he was bred for) its okay for a retriever to love retrieving and do it instinctively (because that's what HE was bred for) it's also okay for a coonhound to tree a coon, (and if he catches it on the ground to kill it if they are able) because that's what they were bred for, (raccoons by the way are some tough sumbitches) but it's not okay for an AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER to want to do what he was bred for? (or even acknowledge what he was bred for as far as some people are concerned not naming any names) maybe you can explain that to me Kenny boy?

6. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

More fantasies from the people that want everyone to believe that animals have been and could be bred to be killers.

More fantasies about who I am, what I do and how I live. If only you knew.

Yes, I am talking about Staffordshires and, once again, you are trying to diferentiate the breeds in order to keep your violence alive.

Because of your wilfull need for claiming that these dogs are bred for violence there are thousands of these dogs dying needlessly. Not only are these dogs being needlessly killed, the responsible Pit Bull owners are being taken to task foe your actions. They are being painted with the same brush that you have given colour to.

You are no better than the thugs that get the dogs as a power symbol of violence.

Yes "stuffies" were given to children but your interpretation of what kinds of temperaments the animals have is your perception of how you want it to be.

The other questions are more pertinent. The fact that these dogs are ratters that worked in the mines. If you've ever seen one of these dogs with one of these creatures then you will see what natural looks like. The distant look in the eyes, the salivating and the wanting to utterly shred and destroy the prey. The little dogs that look like rats aren't as a rule killed. Mauled? Yes, but their yelp and bark usually saves them from death.

Could it be the pits be derived from locking up the animals for the weekend and coming in on Monday to find that several of them have been killed or maimed from the pressure of dogs having to share limited space? To the limited intelligence of the day the light must have gone on for the entertainment and arousal of allowable violence in the workers. Coal miners in the worst of American mines were probably better off than their British counterparts.

Coon hounds killing racoons? Zeus's mom, Otter, killed a racoon and she made short work of it. That they can be fierce and ferocious is not the question. How are they being brought up to cope with society is the question?

A dog is a dog is a dog! Some are smart, some are strong, some are smart and strong, some aren't as smart or as strong but like humans they come in all different kinds but humans are humans just as dogs are dogs. You don't say that that particular human ethnicity were bred to kill so they should be allowed to continue killing as long as it is in a certain arena. Get real.

Stop with the allusions that are used to smear. It is a debate and it is supposed to cover all the details in order to arrive at a conclusion. Conclusions are based on facts. Not innuendo.

It is how a dog is raised that makes it what it becomes. Treat it with ferocity and it will be ferocious. Treat it with love, respect and honour and it will reciprocate. Between some of the expressed sentiments of some posters these dogs are doomed. The animals deserve better because they are better than some of the masters. Too bad they can't talk. If they could a lot of the violence would dissipate.

If you want to live in the stone age then go live somewhere else in the world that meets your mentality standards and leave Peteys where they belong... happily playing with people and other dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I'm sorry Kensloft, but that is NOT true at all. I am someone with almost 20 years experience with bull and terrier breeds. Everything from byb dogs, to Am Staffs, to APBT's, to staffy bulls, to mixes of them with other breeds, etc.... I've had well over 200 dogs come through my home through rescue, boarding, etc.. and ask anyone who knows me, and I'm sure you could find some local folks to vouch for me as we live very close, you'd be hard pressed to find someone more dedicate to their dogs and dedicated to raising them as family dogs than myself. Two years ago I got a pup. Raised her just as I did my other dogs, who were breed ambassadors. Loved her, gave her boundries, never raised a hand or my voice to her, feed her the best foods available, gave her plenty of excersise, socialization, training, etc.. etc.... and yet, at just over two, here I am facing euthazing her for shoddy temperment. Dogs are BOTH nature and nurture, not one or the other. She was born a weak nerved dog and dispite impeccable handling, she is falling apart. Do some research on temperment and drives. In fact, I'll help you on your search for info. Here is a great read, although on a different breed, but if you know bull and terriers, I'm sure you can pick out what applies to our breeds and what is more directed towards a guardian breed....

http://www.vanerp.net/ilse/GSDINFO/Elements%20of%20Temperament.htm

8. venom

venom Top Dog

Funniest thing i've heard in a while!

9. venom

venom Top Dog

No point in debating and arguing with this guy, he obviously lacks the basic knowledge of dogs and their behavior. He's just going to continue to post these ridiculously long responses that you will not benefit from reading.

10. blanch

blanch Big Dog

because of selective breeding some like to retreive some like to track,and some like to fight other animals

11. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

So you're saying Ken that on a basic level dogs are not carnivores? did not come from carnivores and dont like meat? because in order to have meat they would have had to kill and since they will not kill even a rat because "its yelp would make the dog let him go" they would not be able to eat. i wonder why evolution made its teeth so sharp. them must be some tough mean ass plants they eat huh? and what about it instinctively shaking its head? some would say that that is to kill the animal that happens to have jumped into their mouth. but being that they do not kill animals maybe its just to pull up the grass or break that stubborn leaf off the tree.

12. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Now if you happen to be a reasonably smart person (which it seems you think you're smarter than most) then you will agree that dogs are on a basic level carnivores. that's good so moving on from there SOME dogs were bred for different types of work (for example) herd dogs use the methods of wolves to herd their flock. same as a wolf cuts an animal from their herd (think of a wolf hunting a herd of buffalo) the herding dog keeps em all together. pointers point out birds in the bush letting the hunter know there is food in that bush flush em shoot em and then the retriever retrieves (which is why they have a soft mouth) why is it that we have the same argument with everybody all the time... nevermind. anyway ken some dogs had their prey drive developed the same way WHICH MEANS that they will chase catch and kill that animal whose trail it has been put on. (irish wolfhound, plott hound, black and tan coon hound)now these SPECIAL jobs are not the only jobs they DID they could double or triple in other capacities. so lets say your staffordshire coal miners mined coal with their dogs pulling the coal wagons (or whatever they were called) during the day then at night around the fire (or whatever) they relaxed by having the dogs (that pulled the coal cars... might be why they are good at weight pulling today huh buddy?) go for a while before bedtime when they get up the next morning grab another (however many dogs needed to work the coal mines) and do it again. how does all this grab you ken?

13. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

sorry for the triple post yall i just keep remembering shit... as far as staffords being a different breed than the AT LOL which is what im calling the apbt from now on, they are buddy thats why there is a different standard for them. is there anything else you would like to argue the validity of?

14. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

you are correct only until a certain point, one that doesent question himself, ceased to grow..dont be so certain because you may be blinded by your lack of total vision

so a dog treated with love will not be dominant..that was new to me..damn it cesar milan lol

so if i only love him, the dog will not try to become alpha?

so dogs that never got a (food/toy/whatever) fight will never fight?

a dog treaten with ferocity..will be ferocious...lol, have you heard of shy, scared, traumatized dogs...?

you are the problem
    why?
    you lead people into false ideas..then a sucker that listen to you will do a stupid thing and bam...dog fight, evening news..pitbull killed labradoodle in the park..more bsl....

wake up mate, this dogs are not little inofensif toys, they are not to be owned by everybody..if you advocate it them you are part of the problem

15. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

:yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw:

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Well looks like I ain't the only one with my assinine fantasies huh kensoft?

17. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

kensloft are you on a wind up, is this a f**king joke ! do you know the history of these dogs or the history of the stafford ? i have owned game and non game dogs and that includes the stafford and in my opinion the rise in problems associated with these dogs started the same time views like yours began to take root.when every tom dick and harry got involed with these dogs with the idea that its how you raise them it led unrealistic expectations and ultimately dissapointment.it has led to shelters full of animals who dissapionted their owners and thousands of cruelty cases of animals abused by people believing that they could RAISE and TRAIN these dogs to be what they wanted .gameness is proven not theorised, and it has been proven the same way since dogs were bred by type and not by breed. are kc greyhounds competing on the track, are kc alsations used by security forces, are hunters using so called hunting breeds with the view that its how you raise them! are wealthy sheikhs in the racing industry simply throwing away millions each year on yearlings and stud fees based on a fantasy .it is ignorance to believe your views and experience out way the colective experience of almost 400 years of real working knowledge.

18. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

So yeah you just got schooled rookie..:cool:

19. venom

venom Top Dog

i'm tellin you, no matter what you say he's going to come back with another page fulla nothing that he's already posted lol. I love how someone whos probably owned a few subpar dogs is willing to go all in and leave his chips on the table vs. a community which has thousands of good dogs under their belt and atleast a few hundred years of breeding experience on this forum alone. This is why i say its pointless to argue, i know this type of person, know it all's lol

20. venom

venom Top Dog

but thats cool, he believes what he believes and thinks the dog will turn out well if it is raised right and that all dogs have the same instincts, breed type and standard temperament must only play a role in the physical appearence of a dog i guess :rolleyes:

lets just hope that when you get your hands on a real apbt and it rips another dog a new one, you take responsibility and say it was because you raised it that way.