1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit bull owner charged for keeping pet

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Nova Scotia, Canada -- A couple is going to court Tuesday in an attempt to keep the family's 13-year-old pit bull Zeus.

Marilyn Cameron says she and her husband have been charged with harbouring a fierce and dangerous animal under the local dog control bylaw.

The Municipality of the District of Guysborough banned pit bulls in 1995. Under the bylaw, violators can be fined between $100 and $600, or face up to 30 days in jail.

Cameron says the warden of the municipality, Lloyd Hines, told her that he was trying to relocate Zeus. But now she wonders what will happen to her pet.

"If my dog is dangerous and fierce, what are they going to relocate it to another family for?"

Hines could not be reached to comment on the case.

The municipality added Rottweilers to the list of banned breeds in 2004. But it also added a grandfather clause so registered dogs of that breed could stay as long as they're registered and leashed.

Rottweilers and pit bulls have been banned or restricted in a number of Canadian cities. In March, the Ontario legislature passed a law to prevent people from acquiring pit bulls.

Opponents of breed-specific bans say any dog can be made dangerous; the problem is irresponsible owners.

2. GD2

GD2 Top Dog

DAM BSL. harbouring a fierce and dangerous animal. MAN THAT IS LIKE THAT ONE LAW CANT THINK WHAT ITS BUT THE ONE WITH HIDEING A CRIMINAL.

3. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

all they see is a monster stupidity blinds them

4. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

the dog cant have many more days left just let the ol boy live em out with his family

5. If We Gave Each Of These Bsl Supporters A Apbt Puppy and Told Them In
    6 Months They Could Give The Puppy Back Or Buy It, They Would Buy Them.
    The Reason They Are Opposed To Pits Is Because They Have Never Owned One. They Are Being Stupid AND Judgmental.

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

As sad as this is, this whole situation could have been avoided if she had just registered her dog like she was told to. I sympathize with her, but people have got to learn to obey rules or pay the consequences.