1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit Bull Merchandise!!!

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Mrsdano, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Mrsdano

Mrsdano Big Dog

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=521 height=191>
    [size=+1]SUPPORT PIT BULLS![/size]
    Show your committment to the "breed"!
    Buy Pit Bull Merchandise!
    If you own a pit bulldog, you know it can be hard to find merchandise to show off the good side of your "breed"! I got tired of seeing the same old stereotypical pit bull on stickers and t-shirts everywhere I looked. Gaping jaws, flashy teeth, narrowed eyes, grossly misproportioned muscles.... That's not a pit bull - that's disgraceful!

So - do you want to buy "Pit Bull Friendly" merchandise? Let me steer you in the right direction! Below are some great links and reviews.

Take special note of the "Jeers" section below - these are companies or people that have worked against the breed's reputation by portraying them in damaging, stereotypical, aggressive activities. Email them, call them, write them, let them know what you think about their actions against the breed, and don't buy their products.

<!-- #EndEditable --></TD><TD width=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#330099 height=38><!-- #BeginEditable "Section Titlebar" -->
    [size=+3]Pit Bull Merchandise[/size]​
    <!-- #EndEditable --></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top height=230><!-- #BeginEditable "Section Text" -->"The Truth About Pit Bulls" Online Store
    You're not just supporting this site, you're supporting the breed-type with wearables that encourage responsible ownership, education, and adoption.

BAD RAP Store at Cafe Press
    Just clicking on this link sent me into a shopping frenzy that made my husband hide the credit cards! Adorable shirts (and underwear, and sweatshirts, and more), Christmas cards and ornaments, bumper stickers... A great variety and well thought-out designs that put the "pet" in pit bull. Profits go straight to pit bull rescue!! Yes!!!

Pit Bull Tattoo Designs
    That's right, tattoos! Not a bared tooth or spiked collar in the lot, but far from "girly"! The designs are beautiful and impressive. If I wasn't such a wimp, I'd get one of these!

Blocky Dogs
    Wide collars for Big Dogs! I really can't say it better than the owner of Blocky Dogs: "Bully breed owners should have the option of having a bull-breed appropriate collar that's not leather and not covered in spikes." Her products include 2" wide nylon collars of all different colors and/or center stripes, limited-slip (martingale) collars (far better than choke chains, by the way), and more. Note - these are for big dogs.

SoftTouch Concepts SENSE-ation and SENSE-ible Harness
    These unique harnesses are designed to humanely and gently reduce a dog's ability to pull/drag, and it also helps with obedience training. They even do inexpensive alterations on the harness, great for those dogs with particularly wide chests and thick necks.

Premier Pet Products
    This company gets an enthusiastic thumbs-up from me and my dogs. They are the makers of the Gentle Leader Headcollar and the Martingale-Style Premier Collar. The Martingale-Style collar is limited-slip, meaning it tightens slightly but stops after a point - unlike choke chains, which can be tightened indefinitely. I recommend martingale-style flat collars as an alternative to choke chains and prong collars; they are safer and more humane. The Gentle Leader Headcollar is truly a miracle for many owners and their dogs, sharply reducing and even eliminating a dog's ability or desire to pull. This is probably the #1 most trainer-recommended no-pull devices I know of. You still have to train your dog not to pull while on a regular collar/lead, but in the meantime, these two devices help you walk your dog easily, without pain and stress. Premier also makes a variety of great dog toys.

Dog Bandannas
    How can you hate a pit bull wearing a bandanna that says "Peace, Love, and Biscuit", or "If you can read this, start petting!"?

Pedigree Press Animal Gift Shop ("Pit Bull" Section)
    Here you can find a wide variety of bumper stickers and window decals, iron-on transfers, figurines, and so forth.

Gracie's Restaurant
    Coffee mugs, picture frames, street and crossing signs, notepads, candleholders, and more.

Do you know a website with merchandise that you'd like to recommend? Email me!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Cool links, thanks!