1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

IN: Pit Bull Alerts Deaf Child to Burning Home

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Indianapolis firefighters were calling a dog named Ace a hero on Wednesday after they said he saved a boy from a fire.

The fire happened Wednesday afternoon in the 6400 block of Perry Pines Court, near Gray Road and East Edgewood Avenue on the south side.

Officials with the Indianapolis Fire Department said a deaf 13-year-old boy was asleep when the house caught fire. Ace, a 2-year-old pit bull, licked the boy’s face to alert him to the fire.

The home was badly damaged by the fire, but everyone was expected to be OK after safely escaping the house.

24-Hour News 8 Reporter Daniel Miller will have more on this story on WISH-TV at 11 p.m.

[​IMG]
    (WISH Photo/Daniel Miller)

By Staff Reports Published: July 16, 2014, 3:31 pm Updated: July 16, 2014, 4:07 pm
    Dog alerts deaf child to burning home | WISH-TV

2. RVW

RVW Pup

Great story.. Back in 2001 I was asleep in my bed and was awoken by my Norrod dog standing on my chest growling and barking. I threw the dog off me stood up and cut the lights on to find my whole house full of smoke. The furnace caught fire and the dog saved the house and I.

3. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

A Norrod dog? hum, I'm surprise the dog didn't put the fire out for you and let you keep on sleeping! :lol:

4. Kelticwarrior

Kelticwarrior Top Dog

thats funny haahaa

5. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

great story!