1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pink nose/Red nose?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BasterdBoyk9, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Happy up coming fathers day to all!..QUICK question,dogs with brown, tan ,beige and red coats with that pink spotted nose, are they considered red noses?if not anyone know what line carries them?

2. Like these pups here

3. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

They are all rednose...the pink is from a lack of pigment and will usually disappear as they get older(but not always). I believe this lack of pigment comes from a lot of white in the blood.

4. Ok cool,i know how some people feel about the nose color thing.thanks for reaching out..i dont see many dogs like that..

5. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Red nose and pink in the nose are two different things as Steinlin alluded to. The pink spots or dots are where there is a lack of pigmentation. And entire pink nose is the same only a total lack of pigmentation in the nose. As Steinlin also said, they may or may not grow out of it.

6. Fair enough..doesnt mean the dogs are effected physically though so just some bull eye candy i guess..

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Means nothing but that they may be a little more susceptible to sun burn.