1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pigs

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by pig mad, Sep 7, 2010.

1. pig mad

pig mad Banned

He is just new to the game popper i have had him since easter and have 2 other young dogs i am trying to get going he has not had alot of work at all he is super keen though he will pick it up him and hades tracked a mob and cought 1 and i know they never saw em i did get em over their tracks though to get em on the scent...

2. pig mad

pig mad Banned

I run tracking collars on all my dogs mate garmin astro's so have no trouble getting to em pretty quick he will be tracking soon...

3. pig mad

pig mad Banned

The country i mostly hunt is flat swampy country but thick scrub you can drive through most of it though or over it as long as the missus isn't in the car hahaha there is no mountains here the main things you gotta watch out for here are snakes you gotta educate a dog that checking snakes out is a bad idea and crocodiles pigs tend to run into water and there is a good chance it has a big salty in there so i hunt away from the coast to dodge the crocs and the heat it is very hot here but like i say i run trackers on the dogs so i can get there fast and stay fit so if need be i can run to the scene and just to know how your dog works helps alot most my dogs if it is to hot or i am taking to long they will let go and bay till i get there then they grab em again so i can roll the pig or my 2 main dogs take turns holding the pig still on real hot days 1 will hold while the other catchs his breath then they swap over the dogs know their job well but we are always learning every hunt...

4. pig mad

pig mad Banned

5. pig mad

pig mad Banned

6. pig mad

pig mad Banned

7. pig mad

pig mad Banned

8. pig mad

pig mad Banned

9. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

We know who's been having all the fun now. lol

10. pig mad

pig mad Banned

11. pig mad

pig mad Banned

12. pig mad

pig mad Banned

2 dogs in cage together are my pup's on left is pure sorrell bitch, right is jeep/banjo bitch, Brindle is my sorrell male, white chest is cross breed pit/arab, white dog arab, jeep/redboy bitch.. i have a sorrell/bloodhound bitch to and another sorrell/jeep/redboy male both just pup's..

13. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

Nice! Nice to see fellow hog hunters working with their dogs! Can't wait till hog season starts over here!

14. pig mad

pig mad Banned

Yeah i been watching hogs gone wild gee hope they just playing it up for tv and not all you guys are like that hahahaha...

Some different rules though like hunting after dark is that nation wide or what we have no rules here like that if your on private property with permision it's always hog season..

When is the season there??

15. Brodie

Brodie Pup

How can you hunt hogs with just one dog? I hunt with two, a ridgeback and a catahoula bulldog although my neighbor a huge hunter is always telling me you have to have a pack of at least three dogs.