1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

pigs

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by pig mad, Sep 7, 2010.

1. pig mad

pig mad Banned

i don't use bay dogs mine track and hold i hate barkers i got no gun licence so no good to me..

My 2 main dogs are a paulsen bull arab and his son out of a pitbull bitch have another up and comer spider he also is pit/arab then probably little hades the little red nose pit then maybe prince and another arab bitch i have and i have a young dog pit over bloodhound only bout 6 months trying to make my own pig dog breed...I don't use the bloodhound cause she bails and i don't like the young dogs to see that i want luggers..

2. pig mad

pig mad Banned

you guys get some good size pigs over there catch dogs we don't have the feed for em to grow big here 69kg gutted is the biggest i have cought this year...
    94kg was last years biggest...

3. flame

flame Pup

hey pig mad im down south do a bit of huntin going up to quambone 2night should be a good trip u no my mate ben paige aye

4. pig mad

pig mad Banned

Spoke to him on the phone yeah don't know him though be good to meet him 1 day seems a like minded fella nice looking dog in your avatar there mate.. I'll be heading out tonight or in the morning to get a few for the weekend just fixed the wheel bearing in my trailer so i can load em in....

5. flame

flame Pup

might have to come up for a run only got the 1 pigdog bully grey /boxer cattle 8 months old swings hard so far

6. pig mad

pig mad Banned

Not while the box is open mate i gotta be to serious about it a dog that age would just get in the way probably have dramas getting it off, running it on or keeping it on the ear maybe when it's shut just had to much bad luck hunting with others while its open...

7. noblebostons

noblebostons Big Dog

hey pig_mad, If I had that truck :D, and you had a feather up your ass :eek:, we'd both be tickled.

8. pig mad

pig mad Banned

hahaha i'll give you the truck if you keep the feather out my ass hahaha...
    Just got back cought 25 pigs today few real good sets of tusks to haven't had time to eat ran out of cold water and prince got a beating trying to fight a good boar he got it in the end but not damage free dumb dog....Only 20 keepers though...

9. noblebostons

noblebostons Big Dog

only 20 huh, bummer :rolleyes:

10. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

you are the man pigmad 20? wow, i kno you are tired

11. pig mad

pig mad Banned

If i didn't run the novices trying to give em work i would have had more I can fit 30 on the truck but 20 in the box in less than 24hours is my new record....Property next door never got hunted in years but just started last week think they may have chased more over the fence for me than they cought hahaha just hope i didn't chase em back...

12. pig mad

pig mad Banned

This is the better tusks for the trip i got 1 more with a real good tusk on 1 side and the other side was average thought i took a pic but i mustn't have was about 5 or 6 inch long shame he didn't have 2....

Attached Files:

13. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

nice work man!real good stuff, your dogs make out ok after these?

14. pig mad

pig mad Banned

Yeah my 2 main dogs never got a sctratch they cought most my b team cought a handfull no scratch then the c team new guy prince the rednose got a few hit's under the chin and he only cought 2 hahaha just got the wrong mind for it i think to much agro make a good catch dog off the lead but letting him track he will get killed i think....

15. popper

popper CH Dog

why?what is Prince doing wrong when tracking?

16. QUATTRO

QUATTRO Pup

I don't want to answer for pigmad but if you're gonna cut a dog loose to track especially one thats "agro" or as I took it doesn't have a shred of hesitation to engage any "prey" at the drop of a dime (which isnt a bad thing necessarily) you've got no clue what could be going down once that dog is off the chain. As I'm sure you know, dogs can get in some fucked up situations and when noones there to take control, in the end, its gonna be ugly for somebody involved. you, the dog or whatever....Its not that the dog is doing anything wrong you just need to be there to regulate. I dunno, just my take. Looks like pigmad got his operation down to a science tho'.

17. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

a "tracking" catch dog sometimes referred to as a running catch dog is not a great idea for an american pit bull terrier, what happens is basically your catchdog could end up caught on ear up to a mile or so away, now imagine thick terrain water to cross etc, it could be a long time before you can get there to help. what you have to do is flip or stick the hog before he guts your dog. plus apbt dogs cant really track, I mean they can, but not as good as other breeds, so it is useless around my part of the US to turn a catchdog loose in the wild and hope that he can catch a hog, he'll scare it off and wont be able to find it, which is why we use baydogs to locate and bay the boars,

18. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

one thing though, we dont turn an apbt loose and catch just anything in our path, you have to "trash break" nyoure hogdogs , which means train them to stay off anything other than hogs, you have birds bobcat mt lion ,skunk,badger, livestock,cattle horses etc., I like my buds method, if his dogs kill anything other than a boar, he will beat the piss outta the dog with whatever it killed,, lol, really tho, another way is to introduce/familiarize and use the shock collar, this will save you alotta heartache, and is the difference of a good hogdog and a bad one

19. popper

popper CH Dog

mine will hunt 3 things.... raccons, nutria , and hog.... one thing i always worry about with my female.... she will do no bay and just strike, i need a good bay dog for the chase..... plus wwe encounter hard terrain out in the swamps.... they know not to hunt raccon while with hogs , cause we hunt the coons at night and we bring a racoon hide

20. popper

popper CH Dog

pigmad what kind of terrain are you working with ? flat open land? i know in east texas they have more open land.... def easier to commute and travel