1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pieblade?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by All about Pits, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Piebald is a white base coat with colored (solid, tri, or brindled) spots, not the other way around. Like an earlier poster said, like in dalmations. the main color is white, depending on the dog you can have a large amount of coloring, or almost none at all but the white is the base. I have seen piebalds that just have color on the inside of thier ears. They look albino but maintain thier pigment, thats a piebald. Other dogs will have giant spots that nearly touch all over giving just randon striping of white... still piebald. Its one color that i really like because of the variation in it.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

would you consider eve piebald? sorry, this was the best pic i have on here that somewhat shows her patterns. i need to upload some more i guess
    [​IMG]

3. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Harlequin? Beauceron? Is there such a thing. I've known a few of those dogs. Most of them are almost psychic, especially bitches, look like long-haired six-toed Doberman Pinchers? Same breed you talking about? Harlequin? Like a great dane?

4. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

[​IMG]

Yes, Beaucerons do come in Harlequin

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Eve is definitely piebald.

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I would call that mofo a merle

7. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

and you would be correct to do so, merle and Harlequin are the same color. Here its merle overseas its Harlequin.

8. peppapig

peppapig Banned

that imo is piebalde......

9. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Ain't that a trip! I have never ever ever seen a merle/herlequin? example of the breed. Something new every day.

10. Robber

Robber Big Dog

That is correct.

11. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Yes, like someone responded, Beaucerons do in fact come in harlequin... I've never even seen a Beau in real life, but the harlequin dogs are gorgeous.

And again, white covers colors, not the other way! :) Dalmatians are just an extreme form of piebald... The white covers much, much more of their body in a funnier pattern than seen in other breeds. Some breeds have splotches, others have spots.

12. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Skewbald is piebald except with any color other than black. Technically piebald is black and white only.

13. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I am readig through some of my books on coat color genetics to see if its white on color, or color on white... and it doesnt really say. I can find a solid explanation of the 3 phenotypes that will determine color, and there are 2 which will result in an apparent piebald coloring but thats about it. I am inclined to think that perhaps the white is the variant though based on the wording, but it doesnt really spell it out that way. the search continues....

14. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

Nice Im learning

15. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH well that explains

16. Blau

Blau Big Dog

White on color. It's always white on color.