1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Picket fencing.

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by mike333, Sep 25, 2005.

1. mike333

mike333 Big Dog

I wanted to get a picket fence put around my land{I live on 5 acres}.Anyone have any suggestions or advice on finding contractors,supplies{I'll do it myself},ect.I've been trying to find someone or somewhere that has the supplies I need to build a decent fence, so far I've been unsucscessful.I'll settle for chainlink,wire,pvc,vinyl fencing.Thanks to all in adv.[​IMG]

2. pulldoginks

pulldoginks Banned

I use cattle/hog panals and T posts. they are strong and chep for there size 20-30ftx 4ft tall for about $20-$40 I got mine from CO-OP but you might be able to find some cheeper at a farm store. Cattle pannel are galvnised so it weathers well and Its fast and easy to put up, pound in your posts with a post pounder an tie the whire to it with som 12g wire and move on to the next section pannel. I build all my dog pens and have my yard finced off with it.

looks cool in the spring when I growing ivy on it too :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2005
  3. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

either way you go it is going to cost a quite a lot but it is not hard to do yourself i recently built a fence of my own and found that picket was the way to go for privacy and containment (some dogs can still escape my female cleared 6 foot fence) costs more than the hog pannels but much more secure any lumber yard should carry the supplies you need panels,posts and 16 penny nails (you may need concrete depending on the kind of soil you have) with all the post holes (every 8 feet) you might consider renting a bobcat with the awger if you do get a contracter i suggest you buy the materials and pay only the labor they tend to mark up material prices vinyl and chainlink are more expensive to use good luck to you